POSITION CODE: 4917
APPOINTMENT: Twelve (12) months, Forty (40) hours per week, Staff
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $17.64 per hour
AVAILABLE: July 1, 2021
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: Six (6) months
POSTING DATE: June 14, 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 21, 2021 at 2:00 pm
DESCRIPTION: The Administrative Assistant II serves as an office manager and receptionist, providing administrative support for approximately 26 full-time staff and administrators and approximately 10 part-time assistant coaches, including strength & conditioning, athletic training, equipment, football, baseball, cross country, track and field, and aquatic administrative and coaching staffs. Coordinates communications and information between the Director of Athletics and Physical Education, Administrative Assistant III, Sports Information Director, Physical Education chair, media, vendors, students, parents, alumni, and the staff of the Field House, Fitness Center, and Thompson Aquatic Center.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Function as an active member of the Department of Physical Education and Athletics.
- Greet and direct visitors and students for the Field House, Training Room, Equipment Room, Fitness Center and Thompson Aquatic Center.
- Coordinate scheduling and renting of University athletic facilities and monitor housekeeping, maintenance, invoicing, and insurance needs and follow up.
- Coordinate and facilitate all scheduling of on-campus spaces for members of the PE and Athletics dept.
- Facilitate the scheduling of summer programs requesting use of athletic facilities. Assist the member of Event Services as needed and facilitate communication between those scheduling summer programs and the Department of Physical Education and Athletics.
- Develop and maintain a master schedule book to document all athletic facility scheduling and use.
- Coordinate and facilitate the transportation needs of the sports programs and coaches on the Field House side of Athletics, including reserving, confirming, and communicating scheduled travel, in tandem with the Currier Gym side of Athletics. Create multiple-day travel itineraries as needed.
- Monitor that Athletics dept. procedures, processes, and checklists are followed according to the procedure manual, updating as needed, and helping direct and facilitate those procedures, processes, and checklists. Prepare and process various accounting forms, including check requests, purchase requests, and expense reimbursements, along with accompanying receipts for travel and recruiting expenses and cash receipts for Field House personnel.
- Create correspondence letters, emails, invitations, schedules, and contacts on Microsoft Word, using rough drafts, notes, or verbal instructions. Take minutes at monthly coaches’ meetings and disseminate.
- Assist Athletic Trainer with duplicating needs for fall sports Early Arrival and Winter and Spring Sports Health Screenings. Arrange meeting rooms for early arrival sports programs and health screenings.
- Specifically maintains files for the Football programs, Facilities, Grounds, and Officials.
- Prepares outgoing mail, FedEx, and UPS shipments for all sports housed in Field House, Fitness Center, and Thompson Aquatic Center. Sort, route, and distribute incoming mail and packages.
- Responsible for office equipment and furniture and requesting any maintenance or replacements.
- Maintains and orders office supplies for the Field House, Fitness Center, Athletic Training Room, and Thompson Aquatic Center.
- Train and supervise student-employees to perform reception, mail, filing, and data entry duties and assists with other program’s student-employees.
- Screen telephone calls for coaches, assistant coaches, administrators, and staff.
- Help to coordinate athletic banquets for assigned sports including invitations, room reservations, and cash boxes. Assist with sports program’s End-of-Season awards.
- Compile and process, and distribute annual calendar orders for Field House, Fitness Center, Training Room, and Thompson Aquatic Center.
- Monitor housekeeping and maintenance need and submit work orders and requests according to established university procedures.
- Act as back-up for the Administrative Assistant III, in the office of Director of Athletics and Physical Education, when out of the office or on vacation.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by the Director of Athletics and Physical Education.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or equivalent supplemented with two (2) to three (3) years of additional course work in related fields such as business, secretarial, computer software/word processing and spreadsheet programs and the ability to use database and MS Office software programs and three (3) to five (5) years of related work experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination thereof. The position requires a high degree of independent judgment and initiative, ability to prioritize tasks, to work independently, and meet deadlines. Basic knowledge of math and record-keeping requirements. Organizational skills, attention to detail is a must and high accuracy; excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to work cooperatively with co-workers, supervisors, and with on and off campus contacts; demonstrate a high degree of motivation, tact and diplomacy; good listening and interpersonal skills. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Please submit a resume/CV and cover letter with the application.
FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER