Job location: Maryland - Montgomery County Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.Job Title
Architect (S05028)Job Description Summary
Montgomery College, Central Services, has an immediate need for a FT Architect in the Department of Facilities. The work schedule is Monday through Friday, 40 hours a week. This is a non-bargaining, exempt, grade 29 position. Montgomery College promotes and creates a working and learning environment rooted in the basic tenets of fairness, diversity, and inclusiveness.Job Description
The Architect is responsible for providing support for MC Facilities Project Team executing in-house design projects, providing professional advice/guidance of campus, building, space planning and design efforts for the College, and performs design and space planning tasks independently with minimal supervision. The project size and scope to be handled by this position range from single classroom/office to complete fit out of newly constructed or renovated buildings.
- Meets Code officials to discuss the in-house design projects when permitting is required.
- Reviews construction documents produced by outside A/E for conformance to College Design Standards and present findings to College Architect and/or Sr. Architect before inclusion to College’s formal design review response to outside A/E at various stages of the project.
- Solicits and negotiates sub-consultant fee proposals as required by individual project design needs and present them to the College Architect/Sr. Architect for acceptance.
- Manages assigned small design projects throughout project life cycle.
- Assist Sr. Architect to check project submittals for accuracy and conformance to project specifications.
- Verifies the accuracy of submitted pay requests from outside A/E or contractors and make recommendations to the Sr. Architect for approval.
- Provides complete design services including programming, planning, schematic design, design development, construction documents, furniture specifications, bid, and construction administration phase services for in-house projects that do not require a permit.
Updates MC Design Guidelines and Standards for buildings, interior fit outs, landscape design, and campus development
- Updates MC Design Guidelines and Standards to conform to new code requirements.
- Updates the Standards with lessons learned session after major projects.
Designs and implements College-wide signage projects
- Designs signage and determines appropriate placement.
- Prepares formal bids and obtain estimates for various interior and exterior signage projects.
- Manages the installation of signage projects.
- Maintains and updates Collegewide signage standard
Updates and maintains master as-built/record documents.
- Provides relevant information to Space Planning Analyst for State reporting.
- Performs existing condition surveys and update as-built database.
- Updates space inventory for small projects performed by the College that do not require permitting.
- Reviews submitted as-built documents at the conclusion of major capital projects for completeness before project acceptance.
- Advises and assists the development of College's GIS and building information management systems.
Maintains and upkeeps Central Facilities’ resource/reference library.
- Researches new materials for inclusion to the library. Weed out old library material for out of production products.
- Researches and identify green features for adoption.
- Implements ways to improve document retrieval process.
- Maintains MasterSpec System.
Administers small scale architectural/engineering, maintenance/repair, and construction contracts for the College. This position may be tasked to serve on A/E Selection Committee and facilitate programming, planning, design, and construction phases of the project.
- Acts as a liaison between College, users and Contractor throughout assigned projects.
- Monitors the progress of construction and recommend monthly payments.
- Provides campus, site utilities, and building record documents to outside A/E to develop basis of design.
- Provides project updates to the Campuses and affected users.
Participates in project review meetings for renewal projects, feasibility studies, interior fit outs, existing facility renovations and additions, new construction, and long-range master planning efforts.
- Provides aesthetic guidance.
- Reviews design documents submitted by outside A/E for compliance of established project criteria, adherence to MC Facilities Design Standards and Guidelines, green building best practices, code and ADA compliance and maintainability of the proposed project.
- Reviews contract documents submitted by outside A/E for thoroughness and sound architectural practice.
Participates in and supports programming and planning efforts to assist in Capital Plan development and implementation, as well as strategic campus plan development and implementation in support of overall campus development.
- Assists the development of Stormwater management master plan, accessibility planning, sustainability initiatives for campus, space utilization, space standards, and natural resources conservation, etc.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Bachelor of Architecture (5-year professional degree) or Bachelor’s degree in related field plus a Master’s degree in Architecture and 3 years of progressively responsible experience as a staff architect after obtaining a Maryland architect license.
- The equivalent combination of education, training, certification and/or experience that provides the required knowledge and expertise to perform the essential functions of the job as permitted by the Maryland Board of Architects may be considered.
- Maryland Board of Architect license or eligible for a MD license through reciprocity upon employment.
- LEED Green Associate.
- LEED AP
- Working knowledge of Life Safety, ADA & IBC Building codes.
- High proficiency in BIM/AutoCAD, and Project Management software.
Salary Range: $65352 to $84968 Initial salary placement is based on candidate experience and internal equity.
- Click Here to apply online.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree equivalency for international degrees.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Closing DateOpen Until Filled
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two (2) weeks’ notice required to provide accommodations.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.