Admissions SpecialistClassification Title:
Admissions SpecialistCampus Location:
ASU BeebeJob Description:
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Admissions Specialist acts as a first contact to students who seek out the admissions office with questions or concerns about the admissions process. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Serve as first contact point of contact for all walk-in traffic and direct students to the appropriate staff or department.
2. Answer incoming calls to the Admissions Office and appropriately route calls to appropriate staff or department. Answer prospective student questions regarding the admissions process.
3. Manage the Admissions Office and Scholarships email inboxes. Respond to prospective and current student questions or redirect questions to the appropriate staff or department.
4. Receive and process incoming student documents including, but not limited to transcripts, test scores, and immunization records. Update both physical and electronic files as documents are received.
5. Process incoming and outgoing mail from the Admissions Office including bulk mail.
6. Serve as the primary staff member responsible for submitting purchases for the office including purchases made with the office p-card.
7. Communicates with other educational and external institutions to obtain transcripts and other pertinent information.
8. Assist with campus tours and other on-campus recruitment events when needed.
9. Processes applications for student admission.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.Required Qualifications:
Knowledge of a specialized field (however acquired), such as basic accounting, computer, etc. equivalent of four years in high school, plus night, trade extension, or correspondence school specialized training, equal to two years of college, plus 12 to 18 months related experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.Minimum Salary or Salary Range:
regularlyUse hand to finger, handle, or feel:
continuouslyReach with hands and arms:
regularlyStoop, kneel, crouch or crawl:
occasionallyTalk or Hear:
continuouslyUp to 10 pounds:
occasionallyUp to 25 pounds:
occasionallyDoes this position have any special vision requirements? Check all that apply.:
Close vision, Ability to adjust focusBackground Check Statement:
This position will be subject to a pre-employment criminal, sex-offender registry background check. In cases where pre-determined, an additional financial/credit history/ background check may be required as well. Convictions that have been sealed or legally eradicated and misdemeanor convictions for which probation was completed and the case was dismissed, will be excluded. Disclosure does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors such as dates of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, rehabilitation and position applied for will be taken into account.Background Check Requirements:
BothASU Beebe EEO Statement :
Arkansas State University-Beebe shall provide equal opportunity for employment to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, and shall strive to achieve full and equal employment opportunity throughout our campuses for faculty and staff. Our goal is to foster a workplace community where individuals are valued for their diverse backgrounds and differences.Posting Number:
06/28/2021Open Until Filled:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Note: If you are a veteran, disabled veteran, or spouse of a deceased veteran and would like Veteran’s Preference, we will need to see proof of status in order to grant that. Please see Veteran’s Preference section of the application for specific proof.