Description of Job Responsibilities
Supports and assists the Senior Director and the Center for Career Development (CCD) (total of four staff members), in the delivery of a comprehensive program of an End-to-End Career Development Model.
- Performs full range of general administrative support duties for the CCD.
- Actively communicates and serves as vital first point of contact for all constituency groups: schedules appointments for multiple staff members; answers questions; manages information, supervises student employees, aids in event planning.
- Monitors, tracks and coordinates budget matters related to event revenue, expenditures and office operations which may require coordination throughout campus. The CCD actively collaborates with multiple offices.
- Understands and manipulates all office web-based database and assessment systems (Handshake, TruTalent, UE surveys), which includes: entering positions, processing resume-forwarding requests/student announcements, promoting employer/student/faculty use of systems, file maintaining records, and creating mailing lists for recruiting activities, etc.
- Routinely utilizes business software such as Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Is considered a part of the student affairs staff and performs tasks as an active team member of Student Life, as assigned.
- Demonstrated understanding of college environments or work experience in a college or university; A professional demeanor is highly beneficial along with a sense of humor.
Must manage multiple priorities; have excellent interpersonal communication; initiative: exemplary public relations background; problem solving and thrive in some-times face-paced setting.
Confidentiality and cultural sensitivity are a must, as well as ability to relate to college students and the professional workplace environment.
Instructions for Applying:
Please submit an online application at http://www.evansville.edu/offices/hr/employmentApp.cfm and include a resume, cover letter and references.
The University of Evansville operates under a nondiscriminatory policy with regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, creed or religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all federally protected groups/classes. Minorities and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The University of Evansville participates in the E-Verify program.