Computing and Engineering Recruiting Coordinator, 65889 Location:
UMKC Volker Campus Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
School of Computing and Engineering-Student Affairs
The School of Computing & Engineering (SCE) is seeking a Recruiting Coordinator to participate in the coordination of student recruiting and communicate with prospective students and their families regarding admissions requirements and opportunities in SCE. The successful applicant must project an effective and consistent image of the university by working directly with high school and undergraduate colleges to create partnerships to increase the number of prospective students.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Engage and recruit prospective students by explaining academic programs and relevant admissions requirements.
- Participate in student recruitment programs, such as on-campus events, college fairs, and STEM related events.
- Plan and coordinate communication efforts with prospective students and their families, including communication through mail, email, phone, and face-to-face contact.
- Provide group presentations and individual appointments for prospective students and their families.
- Develop and maintain effective communication with high schools and undergraduate colleges.
- Assist in the recruitment strategic planning, including seeking out new opportunities for development.
- Collaborate with Admissions office and other campus recruiting colleagues.
- Complete special projects as assigned
A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
One to three years experience in education, sales, and marketing.Experience in college-level recruiting desirable.Excellent communication and presentation skillsRelationship building skills and an overall positive attitudeHigh level of organization skills to manage own calendar and schedule group campus visits
Full Time/Part Time
Salary $15.29 - $18.00
Shift Monday-Friday, 8-5pmSome evening and weekend work is requiredSome overnight travel is requiredMust have a valid driver’s licenseApplication Deadline
Review of applications will begin immediately.
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of five references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment.
Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
If you are experiencing technical problems, please call (800) 488-5288.
A brief, five minute presentation will be required as part of the interview process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor - Human Resources at 816-235-1621.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and functions of this job. If you believe you may have difficulty performing any of the duties or functions of this job, please contact the Office of Affirmative Action at (816) 235-1323.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: