Job location: Remote Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
R0006259 Job Description:
Saybrook University, a non-profit accredited graduate school using a hybrid distance/residential learning model, seeks Core Faculty in the Department of Clinical Psychology. Innovative and progressive applicants are invited to join a distinguished faculty; whose accomplishments reflect the quality and academic achievement of our students and graduates. Our faculty are scholar- practitioners and leaders in their fields and professional associations, like the American Psychological Association in many of its divisions. Faculty are effective educators, inspiring clinical supervisors, well published scholars, and social activists for change. Our pedagogy includes a rich diverse curriculum with a focus on critical and creative thinking grounded in humanistic principles. It combines best practices in hybrid online and residential education.
Saybrook students are mature and proficient in the use of advances in technology applied in higher education. We prepare scholar-practitioners to engage the world in the 21st century.
Positions start August 1, 2021 or until filled.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Residential Orientation and Residential Conferences
- Supporting on-boarding of new students
- Presenting workshops, course introductions, clinical training, and attending meetings
- Instruction, Course Development and Syllabus Review/Updating
- Deliver high quality innovative on-line courses that foster critical thinking
- Ensure high academic standards and quality aligned with program goals
- Coordination of course offerings and catalog documentation
- Design innovative, progressive, and clinically responsive courses
- Academic Advising and Mentoring of Students
- Actively support the socialization of clinical psychology and psychology students into the field
- Monitor student matriculation; participate in recruitment and retention of students
- Active participation in degree and departmental meetings
- Program representation on university-wide committees as warranted
- Participate in the accreditation process
- Contribute to strategic planning and programmatic growth
- Maintain effective professional and community involvement and/or affiliations as Ambassador for university
- Earned PhD in psychology or an equivalent
- Licensed at the doctoral level
- Previous experience in faculty leadership roles, particularly with regard to curriculum development and working across department
- Demonstrated scholarship, clinical practice, and/or accomplishments in the fields of humanistic, existential, and/or transpersonal psychologies
- Relevant supervision and teaching experience at the doctoral level (with preference for those with online teaching experience), including supervision of dissertation research
- Commitment to multicultural and humanistic principles
- Clinical experience with ethnically diverse and/or other special populations
- Experience teaching and/or developing courses in at least three (3) of the following specialty areas:
- Child and/or Adolescent therapy
- Cognitive and Personality Assessment (child/adolescent/adult)
- Forensic psychology
- Indigenous psychology and practices
- Jungian psychology
- Substance Use and Addiction Recovery
- Strong commitment to the goals and vision of Saybrook University
- Able to offer on-line instruction regarding diverse theoretical perspectives
- Creates a sense of unity and common purpose and manages change effectively
- Ability to build teams and effective working relationships both within and outside Saybrook University
- Promotes interdisciplinary work within and beyond the Department
- Committed to excellence in teaching, practice, and research (experiences with on-line instruction is desirable)
- Critical thinker
- Thinks strategically and works collaboratively
- Affectively honest and open, with a high level of personal integrity
- Communicates effectively
- Consults with colleagues at all levels
- Well organized and able to meet complex workload demands
- Strong commitment to equity, to diversity, and to multiculturalism in education and in faculty employment.
Saybrook University offers a generous compensation and benefits package. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, and multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA),
Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Saybrook University:
Saybrook University was founded over 50 years ago by some of the greatest minds of the 20th century and continues to inspire a new generation of innovators. A non-profit regionally accredited university known for its commitment to humanistic studies and rigorous research, Saybrook University’s academic model puts the student at the center of everything we do to provide a unique, transformational, learning experience. Saybrook offers advanced degrees in organizational systems, psychology, mind-body medicine, and human science, all in flexible learning formats to help students continue to be active contributors to the fields they work in while they advance their education. Saybrook University is proud to be a community of creative, compassionate innovators dedicated to pursing new ways of thinking and doing for our
professions, organizations, and communities. For more information, visit www.saybrook.edu.
Saybrook University offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.