Assistant Professor, Criminal JusticeAgency
Texas A&M University - Corpus ChristiDepartment
College Of Liberal Arts FacultyProposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, TexasJob Type
The College of Liberal Arts at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi (TAMUCC) invites applications for an Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice position to begin fall 2022. The successful candidate will show enthusiastic teaching skills, a well-developed research agenda, and a strong commitment to service at the program, department, college, and university levels. Applicants with an established publication record, and online teaching experience using the Blackboard course management system are especially encouraged to apply. The candidate must be able to teach in the classroom format on the TAMUCC campus and may be asked to teach using hybrid or online formats. The teaching load will be 3-3 with additional service and research expectations. Course assignments will be undergraduate courses across the Criminal Justice curriculum.
The Department of Social Sciences (DSOC) is a multi-disciplinary department in the College of Liberal Arts that offers undergraduate degrees in Criminal Justice and Political Science and the graduate degree of Master of Public Administration. The Criminal Justice program is one of the largest undergraduate majors on campus. Through its contribution to the core curriculum, Political Science is one of the largest generators of student credit hours for the university. The MPA program is the largest graduate program in the College of Liberal Arts. DSOC faculty are leaders on campus, in the community, and in their disciplines. We value excellence and work daily to support the University's unparalleled commitment to every student's success, closing gaps in achievement, and delivering a robust campus experience.
- A Ph.D. in Criminal Justice or Criminology. Advanced ABD will be considered; degree must be conferred at the time of appointment.
- Meet the appropriate credentialing requirements for the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
- The ability to teach in the on-campus classroom format.
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching and student mentoring.
- Experience and/or willingness to teach in the hybrid and/or online course format.
- An established research agenda
- The ability to communicate effectively with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community.
- One year of experience teaching undergraduate Criminal Justice courses such as
- Introduction to Criminal Justice, Criminology, and/or Research Methods for Criminal Justice.
- A certificate that demonstrates having completed professional development in the utilization and/or best practices of online course design.
- Experience with or willingness to deliver writing-intensive courses.
- Experience with or willingness to deliver courses that incorporate collaborative assignments/projects, global learning, service learning, diversity issues and/or
- undergraduate research.
- An established publication record.
TO APPLY: http://hr.tamucc.edu/careers/
All required documentation must be submitted to be considered for the position.
A completed application will include:
1. A letter of application addressing qualifications listed above including a statement of teaching philosophy,
2. A curriculum vitae,
3. Three professional references including name, address, title, telephone number, and email address- including a current or previous supervisor, and
4. Copies of unofficial transcripts for graduate coursework.
The job posting will remain open until a finalist has been selected. Review of applications will begin immediately. Applicants are encouraged to apply by Monday, November 1, 2021.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Assistant-Professor--Criminal-Justice_R-038710
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency