St. Edward's University
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the position of Project Manager. This position Oversees the effective management of capital projects through all phases: planning, design, and construction. Act as liaison for other department personnel, University departments, outside consultants, and construction professionals in support of capital projects and university physical development. The incumbent will manage projects, coordinate work between University and consultant delivery teams, and coordinate other related work. Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Effectively manage capital construction projects to deliver them within the specified timeframe and approved budget. Coordinate all University logistics with impacted internal stakeholders to minimize any interruption of University operations caused by project construction.
- Conduct thorough reviews of design documents for compliance with University Standards and identification of constructability and building code issues. Develop preliminary construction cost budgets including the cost of the work, soft costs, and contingencies for escalation and unforeseen expenses. Manage project and university resources in an appropriate manner value engineering and scope control.
- Construction site coordination and communication between External Project Manager (PMx) and University personnel. Provide a quality review of the construction site and document and track resolution of all issues of concern for distribution to design engineering, and construction professionals when appropriate.
- Report variances and recovery plans for schedules and budgets on a monthly basis. Develop solutions that result in prudent decisions, promote mutual satisfaction and positive action, and to develop imaginative approaches to achieve individual, unit, and institutional strategic initiatives.
- Create and implement long and short-term goals that strategically support growth and/or change.
- Coordinate campus signage program to complete annual updates as well as accommodate individual requests as submitted by the University community.
- Coordinate space management policy and procedure and complete annual updates to space records based on changes completed throughout the year.
- Administration of the electronic project management system, Smartsheet, that supports the capital project process.
- Other duties as assigned.
For consideration, Bachelor's degree in architectural, engineering, construction management or equivalent with relevant background and experience and a minimum of seven years experience in project management of commercial construction projects, higher education experience preferred. Incumbent must have experience developing detailed project budgets, performing construction document reviews, conducting inspections, and coordinating with delivery teams and user groups. Additional work experience can be substituted for the educational requirements. Demonstrated knowledge of roofing, waterproofing and damp proofing, construction means and methods, uniform building and life safety codes, ADA/TAS, engineering principles, construction performance standards and OSHA requirements. Must possess an unencumbered driver's license and the ability to successfully pass a criminal background check. For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the Job Description.The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package! Medical & Rx Coverage Untitled Healthcare (HSA& FSA Available)Dental Sun Life DentalVision Sun Life Vision PlanShort Term Disability (STD) Insurance Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) InsuranceEmployee Assistance Program (EAP)Pet InsuranceAnnual Leave & Paid Sick LeaveRetirement Plan (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%Tuition BenefitsPaid HolidaysServices & DiscountsHOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
. For full consideration, please submit all application materials:
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
- A current resume or CV;
- A cover letter addressing the candidate's interest in and qualifications for the position;
- A statement on the candidate's ideas, contributions, and goals for advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion while serving in this position; and
- The contact information for three professional references.
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,000 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summaryOTHER ITEMS TO KNOWSponsorship:
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.Background Checks:
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
About Austin, Texas
Consistently ranked as one of the "top metropolitan areas to live in," by numerous independent media outlets, Austin attracts approximately 50 new residents a day and has been one of the nation's fasting growing cities. St. Edward's is in the heart of this thriving, entrepreneurial and cosmopolitan city, providing students, faculty and staff with opportunities to live, learn and grow in an environment that offers a wealth of resources and opportunities. In fact, Austin is home to 17 companies on the Inc. 5000 list and boasts 1.7 times the national average of startups. Additionally, as one of the world's great technology centers, Austin, sometimes referred to as "Silicon Hills," is home to technology heavyweights like Dell, National Instruments and Silicon Labs.
For more on the City of Austin's offerings, visit The Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an online application at https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply to our vacancies and hire only U.S. Citizens and documented workers. We do not offer sponsorship at this time.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency