PROGRAM MANAGER (Mental Health Care Consortium)
Number of Vacancies:
School of Medicine / Psychiatry
Scope of Job:
To perform advanced program administration, development and coordination. Responsible for all phases of program development and coordination of program activities with the Mental Health Care Consortium.
Description of Duties:
• Administers, coordinates and manages activities involved in assigned program or projects.
• Develops and implements standards for attainment of program goals and objectives.
• Maintains frequent interaction with University departments, special groups and external agencies in administering the program.
• Recommends new policies and procedures for improvement of program activities.
• Coordinates staff training and development.
• Provides guidance to subordinate staff and evaluates performance.
• Prepares abstracts, research reports, funding proposals, operations and procedures written material and documentation.
• Conducts marketing assessment for assigned area.
• Creates and reviews reports of expenditures and activities.
• Oversees financial management of all program activities.
• Determines work priorities.
• Works on special projects as assigned.
• Attends professional development seminars.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
Supervises assigned staff.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from an accredited University.
Master’s Degree in a related field from an accredited University.
• Five (5) years of experience performing closely related duties, including program planning/coordination or related experience in the appropriate field of the program, or
• Three (3) years of the required experience with a Master’s degree, or
• Seven (7) years of the required experience with an Associate Degree or 60 hours of College Credit, or
• Nine (9) years of the required experience with a High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience in contract negotiations.
Use of personal computer and other standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Usual office environment. Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required. Some travel may be required.
Ability to interact in a professional manner with faculty, staff, students and the public. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated interpersonal skills. Independent decision making and problem solving ability.
Commensurate with Experience
Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date:
Grant Funded Position:
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/28684
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency