Administrative Assistant I
The Administrative Assistant I for Benerd College (BC) provides administrative support to the unit performing job functions with periodic supervision and feedback. The position reports to the Assistant Dean of Operations.
1. Provides Benerd College front desk/lobby administrative support such as answering telephones, assisting with student and community inquiries, helping students with course registrations in the office and through the online registration system, assisting “walk in” traffic for Benerd College, and providing overall customer assistance.
2. Assists with general office duties such as typing, filing, data entry, maintaining confidential student files, and general office maintenance as assigned.
3. Monitors and maintains currency of BC Outlook, voicemail, and facsimile inboxes; oversees incoming and outgoing campus and US mail service including BC building and mailbox; monitors in/out staff board, and maintains staff sick/vacation calendar.
4. Receives and verifies weekly registration packets; performs data entry, including address maintenance, student creation, registration, grading, etc. as needed; works with records and enrollment staff to maintain data entry standards.
5. Provides administrative support to managers and program coordinators with duties such as assembling instructor packets, tabulating evaluations, mailing student confirmations, making course confirmation/cancellation telephone calls, creating student folders, and distributing brochures.
6. Oversees copy/supply area monitoring office supply inventory in collaboration with Adminstrative Assistants II & III and other staff; schedules maintenance and service calls when needed, changes toner, and maintains area.
7. Helps maintain staff break room and provides food/beverage for staff meetings and other events.
8. Performs out-of-office errands for BC staff and other duties as assigned.
9. Works with the administrative team on projects and office-wide tasks in either a support or lead role, depending on the nature of the project.
10. Assists with student services such as registrations, applications, special needs, etc.
11. Multi-task, effectively prioritize work assignments, be a “self-starter,” organize resources and establish priorities in a fast paced, demanding environment.
12. Assume responsibility and work effectively with minimum supervision.
13. Compose and properly format basic business letters and memos using correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
• One (1) year post High School education with twelve (12) units of business related coursework.
• Two (2) years of related experience. (Two (2) years of post High School education would be equivalent to one (1) year of experience).
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Experience providing administrative oversight to unit and staff.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as this position interacts regularly with both the campus community and the public.
• Solid English composition skills, as well as the ability to create, compose, and edit letters and other materials.
• Capacity to exercise diplomacy and deal effectively with people in a variety of circumstances in a calm, precise way.
• Ability to coordinate a variety of activities, correctly interpret directions and work well under tight deadlines.
• Must maintain strict confidentiality.
• Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office suite, experience using databases and advanced experience in Internet navigation and research. Web maintenance desired. Ability to adapt to emerging technology.
• Strong customer service skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access software programs; proficient writing, editing, proofing, and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of basic office procedures, etiquette, and discretion, professional manner and attire, courteous phone manners, and reception.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Constant communication using both spoken and written means. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment. Work performed during standard business hours. Position requires some work during non-business hour and travel to the San Francisco and Sacramento campuses.
Commensurate with experience, non-exempt
Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/19244
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency