The University of Southern Indiana seeks applications for an Assistant Director of Admissions Operations.
As the Assistant Director of Admissions Operations, you will serve as a member of the Undergraduate Admissions leadership team and be responsible for managing the operational support, maintenance, and refinement of recruitment technologies and business processes for Undergraduate Admissions, including customer relationship management (CRM) platforms and reporting tools. The Assistant Director of Admissions Operations provides leadership and oversight of the Undergraduate Admissions operations staff and coordinates technical and end-user support for various admissions applications. The position works as liaison with IT to maintain proper day-to-day functions of admissions systems and applications, and to upgrade, enhance, and/or troubleshoot as needed.
Essential Functions Include:
- Manage and support technology utilized in Undergraduate Admission business processes and ensure technology resources align with business priorities. Participate in overall technology and business planning process. Contributes strategic ideas, input, and support to initiatives within Enrollment Services.
- Lead the Operations Team in crafting individual and team goals that serve prospective students, achieve enrollment targets, and develop highly capable staff. Lead regular Operations meetings and prioritize operational efforts.
- Manage, evaluate, and refine Undergraduate Admissions operational processes and procedures, including inquiry and application processing, document management systems, admission decision notification process and reporting tools. Coordinate creation of new business processes as determined by the Executive Director for Enrollment and prospective student experience expectations.
- Attend multi-departmental meetings and serve on committees responsible for coordinating and maintaining data. Serve as the data steward for Undergraduate Admissions.
- In partnership with IT, recommend and operationalize new technologies to meet enrollment objectives. Regularly assess Undergraduate Admissions’ technological resources and identify opportunities to increase efficiency.
- Provide strategic leadership to admission teams on process design and improvement.
- Supervise data entry, ensuring quality and efficiency. Establish data entry procedures; develop and maintain data entry training manual; train staff regarding database system functions, data entry methods and tracking system. Create and monitor reports to identify quality-related training needs.
- Assist with the creation and development of data informed enrollment reports and dashboards to support recruitment strategies and goals.
- Support Executive Director for Enrollment with data analysis and collection for Enrollment Services, President’s Council, other university requests and annual external surveys.
- Plan, schedule, assign tasks, and review work of support staff to assure well-organized completion of office duties.
- Assist as needed with admissions recruitment events on- or off-campus.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required with coursework in computer information systems or related fields and five years of experience with information systems preferred. Progressive management experience required. Minimum of two years supervisory experience required.
- An interest in finding faster, effective, and more efficient ways to complete projects and tasks.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Familiarity with Cognos report tool, the Banner database system, and Xtender preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail, ability to analyze reports and excellent interpersonal and communication skills required. Must possess the ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated knowledge of microcomputers, word processing, spreadsheet, and electronic mail software required.
The University of Southern Indiana is a public higher education institution located on a beautiful 1,400-acre campus in Evansville, IN. We offer employees exceptional benefits! Benefits for this position include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life and short term and long-term disability insurance plans
- Retirement plan where the University makes the total contribution equivalent to 11% of annual salary
- Full tuition fee waiver for employees/75% for spouses and dependent children
- 15 paid vacation days per fiscal year – 20 days after five years of service at USI
- For more information about the benefits that USI offers, please visit www.usi.edu/hr/benefits
To apply, please follow the directions on our www.usi.edu/jobs page to log in or set up an account. When completing the application, you will be given the opportunity to attach the additional documents required for this position which include (1) letter of application; (2) resume; (3) names and full contact information including e-mail addresses for three professional references; and (4) unofficial transcripts. Materials should be provided electronically within this web-based applicant system and to the attention of Mr. Rashad Smith, Search Committee Chair. Official transcripts will be required of finalists. Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, the University of Southern Indiana considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy or marital status, national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other category protected by law or identified by the University as a protected class.