Benefits Operations Analyst and Executive Assistant to the Chief Benefits Officer - Georgetown university
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.Requirements
The Benefits Operations Analyst and Executive Assistant
to the Chief Benefits Officer position has multiple functional responsibilities. The position includes program and project coordination, including responsibility for all GU voluntary benefits programs, the GU Cares grant program and special projects, as assigned. The Benefits Operations Analyst collaboratively:
- Manages the Special Voluntary Retirement Program.
- Plans workshops, meetings and conferences by scheduling participants and presenters, arranging for production of materials, acquiring equipment, selecting facilities and service providers, and compiling evaluations to determine program effectiveness.
- Identify and manage potential risks and liabilities of projects.
- Make effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project.
- Serve as a point of contact to ensure team actions remain in synergy.
- Communicate with colleagues to keep projects aligned with their goals.
- Perform quality control on the project throughout development to maintain the standards expected.
- Adjust schedules and targets on the project as needed.
- Motivate people involved in the project to complete tasks on time.
This position also functions as the Executive Assistant to the Associate Vice President (AVP) and Chief Benefits Officer (CBO) and provides support to other senior executives in the Department and University.
- Is responsible for all aspects of aiding the AVP and CBO in the performance of his duties and serves as his main representative at various times.
- Must possess broad and comprehensive knowledge of relevant GU policies and operations to perform highly confidential duties.
- Functions as a voice for the AVP and CBO, and will provide important linkages between the department, University employees, members of the academic and executive committees, and the offices of the President, Senior Vice President, General Counsel, Provost, EVP's of the Medical & Law Centers and external vendors(WillisTowersWatson, PWC, Guardian, Cammack Retirement, CareFirst, UHC, Delta, Aetna, Kaiser, Fidelity, TIAA, Vanguard and others).
The position also functions as a Department Administrator. To that end, the Benefits Operations Analyst and Executive Assistant:
- Is responsible for certain HCM actions, supplies inventory, procurement and maintenance of capital equipment.
- Is responsible spearheading and/or coordinating special projects (long and short term, Audit-Internal/External) with the Director of Health Plans and/or Fringe Benefits Fiscal Officer.
- Will work closely with the CBO and Fringe Fiscal Benefits Officer to ensure that expenses are approved and in line with approved budgets and that, cost centers for which he/she has responsibility are reconciled.
- Will have a critical role in project management of the Wellness Fair and other outreach programs.
The Benefits Operations Analyst and Executive Assistant operates with limited supervision, and exercises independent themself with the highest integrity at all times. Incumbent will respond primarily to escalated inquiries/issues from senior management and resolve those issues as much as possible. The incumbent will conduct research, compile, and analyze data on behalf of AVP and CBO. Serve as a technical liaison for the department. Incumbent will assist the designated departmental requisitioner and coordinate with other internal/external departments (Purchasing, Account Payable, Risk Management, etc.). Assist with monthly budget. Handle A/P and financial dispute with external vendors. The incumbent is the key contact person and works hand in hand with internal auditors, collects the required documents and data and addresses all follow-up requests and questions.Qualifications
Current Georgetown Employees:
- Bachelor's degree in related field require.
- 5-7 years of related experience in a benefits or human resources complex business setting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with external vendors in procurement and fulfillment and working with external benefits vendors to ensure prompt resolution of customer issues.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize complex projects involving multiple stakeholders.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment, and make important decisions under pressure.
- Must be friendly and approachable and put people at ease. Demonstrates discretion, judgment, tact and poise.
- Experience in Project Management helpful.
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu
) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.Submission Guidelines:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.Need Assistance:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here
for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected]
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu
or view the online interactive benefits guide
for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Benefits-Operations-Analyst-and-Executive-Assistant-to-the-Chief-Benefits-Officer---Georgetown-university_JR10428
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency