DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Section of Hematology, Oncology, Bone Marrow Transplantation
Position #00688656– Requisition #21586
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Department of Pediatrics, Section of Hematology, Oncology, Bone Marrow Transplantation has an opening for a full-time Assistant Professor position.Nature of Work:
- The successful candidate will have a schedule in which s/he works with other attending physicians on the Pediatric BMT-Cellular Therapeutics services in the supervision of advance practice providers, fellows, and residents in organizing each day’s inpatient rounds, procedures, outpatient clinics, consultations, and family conferences. The schedule is such that there is dedicated time for academic activity in Clinical or Translational research in any of the specialties, or other interests as developed by the candidate and agreed upon by the Section leadership. You will have approximately 20% of your time spent conducting clinical research and 80% of your time spent as a faculty member practicing Pediatric Hematology/Oncology/Bone Marrow Transplant-Cellular Therapeutics independently in the inpatient and outpatient setting.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Position Emphasis:
This position will also have shared holiday, weekend and night call responsibilities
- Provide independent care of pediatric BMT-CT patients on the inpatient hospital service.
- Provide independent care of pediatric BMT-CT patients in the outpatient clinic and infusion center
- Communicate with referring physicians regarding shared patients on BMT-CT service
- Lead BMT advance practice providers (APPs: physician’s assistants and nurse practitioners) in the care of both inpatients and outpatients
- Provide education and supervision to medical students, residents, fellows, and other learners as appropriate in the inpatient and outpatient settings
- Write admission, discharge, acute care, and chemotherapy orders in collaboration with other physicians and advanced practice providers
- Provide coordination and consultation of care between the inpatient and outpatient settings
- Participate in the treatment of patients on clinical research protocols
- Coordinate multi-disciplinary care with other hospital and outpatient services
- Coordinate and assist with education of new patients and families
- Conduct investigator-initiated research studies and participate in Quality/Safety, Process Improvement Initiatives in the field of pediatric bone marrow transplant-cellular therapeutics
- Provide educational support to nursing and support staff
- Perform procedures independently:
- Lumbar punctures with intrathecal chemotherapy administration
- Bone marrow aspirations/biopsies
- Skin or simple tissue biopsies
- Bone marrow harvests
- Ommaya access with chemotherapy administration
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Salary and Benefits:
The hiring rate (or budgeted rate)
for this position has been established at $155,000.The above salary rate represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the rate at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
.University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensationDiversity and Equity:
Please contact [email protected]
for information on disability accommodationsThe University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic;
- Board Certified or Eligible in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology;
- Active or ability to attain Colorado state license and DEA certification;
- Completed a Fellowship in Pediatric Hematology, Oncology and/or BMT.
- Must successfully pass a drug test through Children’s Hospital Colorado;
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal and sex offender background check;
- Continuous Maintenance of Board Certification(s);
- Meet all Children’s Hospital Colorado credentialing requirements and continuous active medical staff status, including obtaining board certification within two years of first date of appointment;
- Maintain a current Colorado State Medical License and DEA certification.
- 2 years of experience in independent care of pediatric hematology/oncology/BMT patients;
- Pediatric BMT subspecialty training preferred (can substitute for a year of experience listed above);
- Record of sustained independent funding of clinical research or laboratory work, with preference given to candidates who have secured at least one cycle of renewed funding for more senior applicants.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Job Category:
- Ability to independently care for and manage complex Pediatric Hematology, Oncology, BMT-CT patients in an academic medical center setting;
- High customer service skills in team-based patient care setting, including strong professionalism and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral.
Jun 11, 2021Unposting Date: