UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO ANSCHUTZ MEDICAL CAMPUS
Professional Research Assistant
School of Medicine – Adult and Child Consortium for Health Outcomes Research and Delivery Science
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Nature of Work
The ACCORDS research group at the University of Colorado Denver is looking for full-time entry level Professional Research Assistant on the INTERACT Trial (Improving Communication and Healthcare Outcomes for Patients with Communication Disabilities).Professional Field
This position is for an entry level research team member and is well-suited for someone that is collaborative in nature and excels at data collection, developing data reports, interviewing, and intervention implementation in clinical settings. Examples of Work Performed
The PRA will assist with administration, implementation of the study protocols, staff, and project reporting. Activities will include recruiting patients, gathering data, developing data reports, working with practices and communities to carry out project procedures, supporting manuscript development, and coordinating logistics for studies related to patient-provider communication. More specifically, the INTERACT Trial is working with healthcare providers in Family and Internal Medicine clinics to recruit patients with communication disabilities to participate in an intervention designed to increase their health-related quality of life, self-efficacy for health management, and satisfaction with the quality of their clinical visit. This opportunity offers experience in recruiting participants, collecting and managing data for a clinical trial, and working on a collaborative, multi-institutional project focused on helping healthcare providers improve the quality of their communication with patients with communication disabilities. Specific job duties include working closely with Family and Internal Medicine practices in the Denver metro area in recruiting eligible patients to participate in the research study, conducting informed consent, guiding enrolled participants in using a patient-directed communication strategies tool, reviewing medical records, and collecting/managing survey and medical record data for study purposes.Salary Range
The salary range for this position has been established at $38,500 to $45,000. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
. University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities. Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/human-resources/employee-relations-performance/ada-compliance
Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
QualificationsMinimum Qualifications Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
- Bachelor's degree in health-related field, at least 2 years professional work experience.
- Bachelor's degree with 3 years professional work experience, or a Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Communications, Public Health, Communication Sciences and Disorders, or a related discipline.
- Aptitude to learn database management software and other software as needed.
- Previous experience in quality improvement research methods.
- Previous experience with managing data in a RedCap database.
- Previous experience in research/evaluation project management, quantitative data collection, data management, and analysis. Experience working with persons with disabilities.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable working with patients, caregivers/family members, and clinicians (e.g., recruiting and screening patients for studies, conducting study activities without interrupting clinical practice flow).
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent assignments.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and collaboratively as an integral member of the research team.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be team-oriented, detail-oriented, self-motivated to work independently.Ability to represent the University and ACCORDS in a professional and positive manner.
To be successful in this position, ideal candidates would have previous experience in working in a clinical setting and/or recruiting study participants. Candidates should be organized, self-directed, and communicative with study staff on a daily basis. Candidates must also have reliable transportation to travel to participating clinics in the Denver metro area.Job Category:
Jun 11, 2021Unposting Date: