DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusAnschutz Health & Wellness Center Health Care Professional/Registered Dietitian Position # 00785141 – Requisition #21682
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Anschutz Health & Wellness Center has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Health Care Professional/Registered Dietitian position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
About the Anschutz Health and Wellness Center:The Anschutz Health and Wellness Center resides within the School of Medicine at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. The Anschutz Health and Wellness Center (AHWC) is an interdisciplinary center whose overarching goals are to have an impact on the campus while building towards sustainability. Either of these alone is insufficient. We strive to achieve both. Top researchers work side-by-side with clinicians to develop and deliver wellness and weight loss programs and work with patients, providers, students and trainees, employees, researchers to take these programs beyond the walls of the center into communities. The mission of the center is “to collaborate with campus partners to develop and deliver programs and services targeting physical activity, nutrition, and mental wellbeing that enhance the lives of people who come here.”The vision of the center is “a campus where wellness is a foundation of everything we do.” All endeavors at the center are focused on this vision. An integrated approach with a shared philosophy is core to the development of the center’s programs. These programs strive to involve every area of the business, including wellness clinic services, the fitness center, and the metabolic and demonstration kitchens. Without this integration, it is not possible to achieve the vision that catalyzed the development of the center. The center serves as a “learning lab” for creating a model of standard care for wellness centers that can be replicated and exported.Nature of WorkThis position will primarily work in the clinic setting and provide medical nutrition therapy, individual counseling, and education for our Wellness Clinic patients. In addition to clinical care, this position may assist in other areas of the Anschutz Health & Wellness Center, such as providing support for weight loss programs, facilitating research visits and programs, and coordinating, developing, and implementing corporate campus and community health and wellness programs. Supervision ReceivedThis position reports to the Medical Director.Supervision ExercisedNone - Provides general direction for staff.Examples of Work Performed
Specific duties and responsibilities of the Registered Dietitian may include, but are not limited to, the following:Salary and Benefits:
- Provide patient-centered medical nutrition therapy counseling and education to our clinic clients in weight management, diabetic nutrition, eating behaviors, sports nutrition, sustained behavior changes, and general nutrition conditions.
- Serve as a resource for existing and new programs in the areas of health and wellness.
- Incorporate the mission and vision of AHWC into clinical care, weight loss programs, and new corporate campus and community program concepts.
- With direction and approval from the supervisor, assist in coordinating, developing, implementing, quality assurance, and evaluation of programs.
- Integrate AHWC and campus professionals into program offerings as approved by direct supervisors.
- Promote program engagement with community organizations, higher education, school outreach, campus, and corporate partners.
- Create and deliver healthy cooking demonstrations that support AHWC mission.
- Analyze research study diets and diet records using ProNutra and/or NDSR software.This description only summarizes and describes the general work level; it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business needs. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the supervisor's discretion and/or hiring authority.
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at $51,175-$68,574. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Current RDN certification
Relevant experience may substitute for education on a year for year basisRequired: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Preferred Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Relevant Advanced Certifications with CDR
- Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES or CDE)
- Experience working with EPIC electronic health record system.
- Experience working in the area of research.
- Experience with program and curriculum development
- Quality control and data management experience
- Two years of professional-level experience in nutrition and dietetics
- One year of outpatient clinic education and counseling
- Face-to-face nutritional counseling and assessment with nationally accepted dietary or nutritional protocols focused on the management of diseases in clinic settings.
- Knowledge of how to improve chronic illness outcomes integrating nutrition, activity and mindset strategies.
- Strong patient counseling and behavior change strategies.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution and community.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Promote and advance diversity and inclusion at all levels.
- Experience in clinical program development, implementation, data collection methods and assessment
- Exceptional educational skills at multiple learning levels and audiences
- Demonstrated culinary skills with ability to educate and create meals simultaneously.
- Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Proficiency in the use of computers for: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and E-mail
Health CarePrimary Location:
Jun 11, 2021Unposting Date: