DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | Fort Collins Branch Campus School of Medicine, Office of Medical EducationCU School of Medicine Fort Collins Branch Campus Academic Services Senior Professional Position # 00785111: – Requisition #: 21678
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado School of Medicine Fort Collins Branch Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The CU School of Medicine – Fort Collins Branch has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Academic Services position.
The University of Colorado School of Medicine is opening a branch campus in Fort Collins (“CU/CSU SOM”), in partnership with Colorado State University (CSU) and their College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences (CVMBS). In June 2020, the program welcomed 11 third-year medical students from the CU Anschutz Medical Campus to complete their core clinical training year in the Fort Collins medical community
. In July 2021, the first four-year cohort of 12 medical students will matriculate.The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Nature of Work
Jobs in the Academic Services career family provide direct professional support for the teaching and/or educational service mission of the university. Functions include academic advising/counseling, student personnel administration, recruitment and admissions, registration, financial aid, faculty affairs, library services, curriculum administration, and others involving direct support of the educational mission of an academic unit.Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. At the professional level, duties may be more limited in scope, may be performed with guidance and direction from other professionals, or may be performed in a training and development capacity.This position is located at the Fort Collins Branch Campus that resides on the CSU main campus in Fort Collins. The purpose of this position is to provide academic, program and administrative support to the Associate Dean of the Fort Collins Branch, Program Directors and faculty. This position will also be considered the liaison for the Office of Student Life for those students at the Fort Collins Branch. This position is responsible for managing the MyRecordTracker program, which includes managing medical students, clinical requirements and Letters of Good Standing needed for clinical rotations. This is a critical role in the Office of Student Life and will be responsible for independently reviewing medical students and making evaluative judgements on their academic standing. This evaluation will impact the student’s ability to work in a clinical setting as well as their MSPE Letter for Residency after graduation. This position will provide support to students and is responsible for managing large volumes of student data, statistics and materials. This role will be required to analyze data and develop reports for accreditation and Clinical Requirement compliance. This role will also support the onboarding needs of students such as facility badging, orientation and other event planning and coordination, data analysis and inventory of critical requirements for the CUSOM and other administrative needs to support student life. The position has significant responsibility for scheduling and correspondence for the Deans and Directors, for staff support for applicant orientation/retreats, career development activities, match day activities, as well as Graduation, Honors Convocation, Admitted Student Day, Student Clinician Ceremonies, Mentor Banquet, Orientation, as well as to managing the flow of office visitors. This position requires a self-directed, organized and professional individual who has advanced skills with MS Office. Examples of Work Performed:Associate/Assistant Dean Support/General Office – 30%:
- Provide staff Support for the Associate Dean, Program Directors, faculty and students at the Fort Collins Branch.
- Incumbent is primary point of contact for all visitors to the office of Student Life and is responsible for providing positive customer service to all visitors.
- Responsible for scheduling meetings, who should attend, and creating the agenda, with guidance from the Deans and Director.
- Manages complex calendars, and is responsible for drafting initial correspondence for the Deans and the Director.
- Serves as the first point of contact for students seeking assistance, and the incumbent will complete referrals and/or arrange appointments as appropriate.
- Responsible for general office support including maintenance of confidential student records, files, verification of academic records and progress for current and former students.
- Verification of a student good standing status.
Facility verification and badging- 20%
- Advises applicants throughout the application season.
- Keeps a clear distinction between general recommendations to applicants and specific guidance, which is given at the Dean’s level.
- Compiles statistical data for Dean and Associate Dean.
- Collaborate with administrators, deans, faculty, IT and counselors to facilitate and improve services to students.
- Provide leadership and develop appropriate recommendations for the implementation of related technology applications in support of enhanced services offered through the Office of Student Life.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean of the Fort Collins Branch and the Program Directors.
- Draft Tuition refund letter and manage the tuition refund process.
Verification of records for current and past students - 20%
- Position will be responsible for coordinating all required documents for badging at multiple facilities(UCHealth, Cheyenne VA, Banner Health, Associates in Family Medicine, FoCo Youth Clinics, the Women’s Clinic of NoCo and others as identified).
- Position will work directly with independent facilities to ensure all requirements and documentation have been met for student clerkships.
- Position will coordinate mask fittings and BLS through local community partners as needed.
- Position will collaborate student information with CSU partners to ensure badging and access to clinical space on campus have been secured.
Staffing Student Events, including Retreat, Graduation, Matriculation Ceremony, Class Functions, and other Events– 20%
- This position is responsible the handling the verification process of all past and existing MD students; verifies immunization records, training requirements, etc. to ensure clinical rotation eligibility; provides resources and acts as a main point of contact for clinical requirement compliance.
- Position will make independent decisions to resolve scheduling issues or conflicts with student and supervisory teams.
- Position will triage students seeking assistance and determines who the appropriate faculty or staff member is to assist the student.
- Position will report compliance of Clinical Requirements.
- Position will need to evaluate documents for inclusion in student file – this will require knowledge and awareness of accrediting requirements.
- Position will assist in determining best process to schedule students for meetings with Associate Dean for Student Life to review MSPE content.
- Position will make independent decisions regarding scheduling meetings, who should attend, creating the agenda, etc.
- Assigning and tracking Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE) appointments for all 4th year students.
- Position will be responsible for minutes of scheduled committees and task forces.
- Uploading and managing MSPE data.
- Auditing transcripts to ensure completeness, compliance and confirm that transcripts meet required credentials. Upload transcripts data into ERAS.
- Maintain, interpret, and implement university, state and federal guidelines and policies regarding student records (e.g. FERPA).
Admissions support – 10%
- This position is responsible for working with other staff and for coordinating processes and procedures for in-house programs. This involves working closely with caterers, vendors, venues and service providers.
- In collaboration with CSU facility and community partners, this position is responsible for the successful execution of program events and retreats, orientation, career development activities, match day activities, graduation, honors convocation, student clinician ceremonies, etc.
- Position helps to coordinate event and retreat logistics, ensuring compliance with any related policies and procedures and makes decisions as to menus, venues, etc.
- Position manages reservations, collaborates with other departments, negotiates with vendors and other service providers, and obtains appropriate contracts and invoices.
- Position proofreads and edits letters, ads, web content, etc. for accuracy. Decides if information is accurate, and if not, resolves the content error or determines who has correct information.
- Position will have to utilize strong time management skills to balance multiple projects throughout the year that coincide and decide on priorities in daily tasks.
Salary and Benefits:
- Position is responsible for working with the Academic Admissions team to support data collection and administrative support for incoming candidates.
- Position will facilitate admission team meetings during recruitment periods and take minutes for such meetings.
- Position will provide administrative support during the admissions process by way of reviewing and compiling candidate information, creating presentations based on candidate information for the team to review and other data collection and analyzing needs.
The hiring range for this position has been established at $43,064 - $57,706 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation. Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A bachelor’s degree in education, psychology, business, public administration, health care, educational technology, social science, liberal arts, communications, accounting, finance, library science, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Two (2) years of experience working with students in a professional capacity.
: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.Preferred Qualifications:
Experience developing spreadsheets and databases for reporting and tracking purposes.Experience developing letters and complex correspondence on behalf of a manager, supervisor, director, administrator, etc.Experience providing logistical support for events, meetings, retreats, special programs, etc.Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Experiences (KSA’s):
- Experience handling multiple phone lines, routing calls, answering questions and providing information.
- Experience working in Student Affairs / Student Life area.Experience with and understanding of the Medical School Admissions process.Experience providing support at an executive assistant level.Experience interpreting and applying complex rules, regulations and policies.
- Demonstrated competency in the development and implementation of programs designed to facilitate student academic and personal growth.
- Familiarity with ERAS (electronic residency application service) MSPE process is highly desired. Knowledgeable on the MyRecordTracker System as well as use of an access database. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Access, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. Candidates must have Excel and Access proficiency at the time of hire.Excellent oral and written communication skills.Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to establish rapport with a wide variety of individuals.Ability to provide a high level of customer service to students, faculty and staff.Excellent organization and time management skills.Attention to detail and the ability to verify the accuracy of your work.Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
Academic ServicesPrimary Location:
Jun 11, 2021Unposting Date: