Job no: 517031Classification Title:
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Academic Advising/Support, Executive/Director/Management
Department:02070400 - PV-INNOVATION ACADEMY
AST DIR, Academic Support SvcsJob Description:
The Innovation Academy is accepting applications for an Assistant Director, Academic Support Services. This position reports to the Director of Innovation Academy (IA), and is responsible for IA Minor undergraduate co-curricular development, advising, orientation, and support activities.
This position resides in Academic Affairs, Innovation Academy. It reports to the Director of Innovation Academy (IA), and is responsible for IA Minor undergraduate co-curricular development, advising, orientation, and support activities. Specifically, the duties will include:
- Development and management of co-curricular/experiential activities
- Supervisory and Leadership roles
- Oversight of departmental marketing and outreach efforts
- Development of fundraising initiatives
- Responding to inquiries from enrolled and prospective students, and the public
- Developing partnerships for student success via campus and community stakeholders
- Other duties, as assigned by the IA Director
$60,000 - $64,000 annually; commensurate with skills and experience.Minimum Requirements:
Master's degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Experience in Higher Education 5 years +
- Experience with Program/Co-Curricular Development related to innovation or entrepreneurship
- Experience with supervising full-time / part-time employees
- Experience with academic advising undergraduates
- Experience in building experiential/co-curricular programs that support innovation
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, dependability, honesty, reliability, and acute attention to detail. Superior organization and project management skills.
- The successful candidate must be able to integrate quickly and effectively into a busy team. Ability to contribute to a positive, productive team environment using leadership, communication and interpersonal skills. Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to interact with stakeholders and partners from diverse backgrounds. Communicate and maintain effective relationships with staff and program partners.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively autonomously
- Multicultural competency and sensitivity
- Strong interest in working with college students.
In order to be considered, applicants must upload a resume, cover letter, and list of professional references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 11 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 30 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time