Job no: 501509
Work type: Full-time
Location: Bill J. Priest
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:00-5:00)
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
53,000 - $84,800 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Performs a variety of complex accounting tasks which involve preparing or supervising the preparation of financial analysis, budget management, general ledger reconciliations, journal entries, statements, records, documents, and reports.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and procedures affecting the maintenance of accounting records and of automated accounting systems.
• Solid understanding of accounting and financial reporting and practices.
• Knowledge of district policies/procedures and applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
• Ability to implement solutions for improvements that align with the day‐to‐day business needs.
• Able to establish and maintain working relationships with a diverse, multicultural district‐wide network and external constituents to ensure financial records are accurate and deadlines are met.
• Must be detailed oriented with a high degree of accuracy when analyzing and interpreting accounting and financial data; preparing financial reports and statements; and detecting discrepancies in financial and accounting records.
• Ability to prepare financial reports and/or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability or other financial activities within the district.
• Ability to produce analysis and reports utilizing standard Microsoft spreadsheet and communication software.
• Able to follow process steps as outlined in standard operating procedures.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments and deadlines.
• Must have strong oral and written communication skills and provide excellent customer service to a diverse district population.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or higher plus three (3) years of accounting experience. Official transcripts required. Current and valid Texas driver’s license required for offsite travel. ***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check.*****
Preferred Skills: Experience with contract and grant compliance, reporting, budget preparation and control. Contract writing experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Performs reconciliations and analyses of assigned general ledger accounts and/or location budget allocations.
- Independently researches records and prepares and adjusts appropriate journal entries.
- Audits and reconciles reports and documents for compliance with policies and procedures of the Dallas College and external agencies.
- Review incoming journal entries or other transactions documents for availability of funds, accuracy, completeness and compliance with pertinent district or sponsor regulations.
- Develops and maintains a variety of complex spreadsheets, databases, and files utilized to provide comprehensive information to management on a timely basis and to provide documentation for accounting transactions.
- May be assigned responsibilities including accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliation and purchasing functions, etc.
- Prepares statements and reports related to assigned area of responsibility.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Collaborates, builds, and maintains solid working relationship with diverse internal constituents and external agencies or individuals to obtain, provide or explain data and to identify additional informational needs.
- Acts as a resource in interpreting business office procedures as well as district policies/procedures and external rules/regulations.
- May participate in district and/or location committee(s) related to assigned work area.
- Works independently or in a team environment with considerable confidential information and materials.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- May perform designated duties of the supervisor in his/her absence.
- Actively listens and responds constructively to stakeholders and/or a diverse workforce regarding accounting concerns utilizing strong interpersonal, communication and diplomacy skills.
- Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: 11 Jun 2021 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 25 Jun 2021 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time