Job no: 495751About Us:
Work type: Non-Classified/Professional
Location: Boise, ID
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Nurse Practitioner is a trained licensed professional who provides medical care to patients who present to the Boise State University Health Center, including specialized procedures and administrative tasks related to the clinical component of the job. Department Overview:
Nurse Practitioners at the Health Center are expected to practice within the full scope of primary care medicine as is typical in a college health center environment. The Nurse Practitioner will, at any one time, maintain a patient panel that includes a mixture of acute and chronic stable medical problems, gender specific problems, as well as a panel of stable mental health patients. While areas of clinical interest or specialization may exist, the Nurse Practitioner is expected to maintain a core level of competence in all areas of primary care medicine and to seek continuing education in areas which support the ongoing maintenance of these generalist skills, or in areas that need development. The Nurse Practitioner will see all patients presented within the scope of practice of the Health Center and seek consultation with the physician(s) at the Health Center as needed.
Health Services supports the educational mission of Boise State University by providing convenient, accessible and high-quality health care to the campus community. We strive to provide a wide range of comprehensive and integrated services to students, faculty, staff and their dependents on campus. Level Scope:
Recognized master in professional discipline with significant impact and influence on campus policy and program development. Establishes critical strategic and operational goals; develops and implements new products, processes, standards or operational plans to achieve strategies. Regularly leads projects of critical importance to the campus; these projects carry substantial consequences of success or failure. Requires significant influence and communication with executive leadership. Problems faced are frequently complex and multidimensional, requiring broad based consideration of variables that impact multiple areas of the organization.Essential Functions:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Provide quality medical care to patients at the Health Center, as demonstrated by satisfactory physician-conducted chart review, to include (98%):
- Acute and chronic medical care within the scope of professional and community standards for a Nurse Practitioner (NP).
- Additional competence in college health-focused care, including reproductive health, mental health and substance abuse diagnoses.
- Practice in an integrated primary care practice which includes close collaborative relationships with mental/behavioral health providers and specialists, wellness educators, health coaches, sports medicine specialists, athletic trainers, and massage therapists.
- Practice culturally competent care in a college population that includes international and gender diverse patients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participate in Medical Services outreach activities which may include service on university committees, health education campaigns and other related duties as required (2%).
- Leadership, self-confidence and analytical skills
- Excellent communication abilities and interpersonal skills
- Decision-making and problem solving skills and possess a basic knowledge of math and science
- Good knowledge of: general primary care medicine at the level of Nurse Practitioner; human behavior and performance; principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Experience: diagnosing and treating human injuries, diseases, and deformities; psychological research methods; assessing and treating behavioral and affective disorders.
- Master of Nursing—Advanced Practice Nursing (Family or Adult Nurse Practitioner)
- Idaho State Board of Nursing: Licensed as an Advanced Practice Nurse
- Board Certification: Board Certified by a recognized accrediting organization.
Salary and Benefits:
- 2 years of experience in the clinical preceptorship of nurse practitioner students.
- American Heart Association: Basic and Advanced Life Support certifications
- Microsoft computer platform operation
- Electronic Medical Records
- Basic clinical microscopy
- Microsoft Office applications: creation of documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
Salary ranges from $87,000 to $102,000 depending on experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.Required Application Materials:
Please provide a cover letter and resume with employment history.
Advertised: June 11, 2021 Mountain Daylight Time
Applications close: July 11, 2021 11:55 PM Mountain Daylight Time