: Decker College of Nursing and Health Sciences Dean's OfficeLocations:
: Binghamton, NYPosted:
: Jun 11, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: 07080Position ID:
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Assistant Dean (SL-5)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Financial Planning and Budgeting:
- Responsible for managing, planning and organizing the financial operations of Decker, including implementing sound financial planning tools, business analytics and financial controls
- Participate in the development of multi-year financial plans, both operational and capital, allowing for the successful management of Decker College
- Work directly with program directors and the Manager of Operations, on all faculty offer letters, regarding the financial commitments on the part of Decker College
Fiscal and business decision-making support:
- Primary source of expertise for Decker College's financial operations and processes
- Assist in decision-making related to the deployment of financial resources to strategically drive initiatives in response to rapidly changing economic or academic environments
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of a financial structure for Decker College based on an all-funds approach which is transparent, accountable, responsive, and inclusive
- Work with key members of the University Business Office, Provost's Office, Binghamton University Foundation and Research Foundation to develop, interpret, coordinate and communicate Decker financial policies and procedures
- Assist Director(s) or research in budgetary planning, along with providing budgetary support and guidance for all sponsored program submissions and activities
- Serve as the delegated authority for financial decisions, within the overall financial plan of the college, as established by the Dean
- Review the financial impact of the proposed Divisional Curricular Plans and review and approve changes to the Curricular Plan Budget throughout the year
Human Resources related tasks:
- Collaborate with HR and the Decker administrative team on financial issues related to faculty and staff hires within Decker College
- Work closely with Manager of Operations to confirm salaries for open positions and submission of HR forms
Departmental and Program Support:
- Provide financial guidance and support to division directors, program directors, and administrative support staff
- Coordinate the flow of financial information between the individual divisions/programs within Decker College and the BU Foundation and Research Foundation
- Collaborative with the Administrative Team within the Dean's Office
- Bachelor's degree with CPA and/or Master's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Minimum of five years of experience in financial management
- Excellent organizational, supervisory, and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to work comfortable with a diverse group of people
- Knowledge of academic setting
- Experience with Ellucian Banner ERP, Oracle BIEE, and/or SUNY Financial System
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website http://www.binghamton.edu/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: June 25, 2021
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.