About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.Requisition Number:
2021-074Posting Start Date:
Bachelors Additional Documentation:
Commensurate with Experience
Assistant Director of HR & PayrollDescription/Job Summary
The Assistant Director of Human Resources and Payroll serves a key role, working with College leadership and staff to attract, retain, and develop a diversified workforce to support the College’s mission. The Assistant Director supports the Human Resources Director and serve as a subject matter expert in the following areas: Payroll, Talent Acquisition and Retention, Benefits and Compensation, Employee Relations, Compliance, Training, and Employee Engagement and Development. The Assistant Director also reviews, develops and implements College policies and procedures.
HR Business Process Leadership
- In collaboration with the Executive Director of Human Resources, provide on-going direction and supervision of HR staff to improve delivery of HR services, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of information.
- Regularly analyze and present key HR metrics to internal College constituents to enhance relevant decision making.
- Support the development and review of standard HR operating procedures
- Assists the Executive Director of Human Resources in the daily administration of HR services as assigned, including but not limited to, on-boarding, promotions, transfers, job classifications, performance evaluations and overall employee objectives of the institution
- Maintains and expands knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed federal and state laws/regulations Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR) affecting human resources management; and State Personnel Management System (SPS).
- Develops, prepares, generates and analyzes ongoing and ad-hoc special reports pertaining to employee personnel information and data, including but not limited to issues such as staffing levels, turnover, absenteeism, recruitment, applicant tracking, Affirmative Action/EEO, compensation, etc.;
- Effectively utilizes the data processing system to obtain, store and analyze pertinent data and information;
- Oversee bi-weekly payroll for the College for all areas: full time, adjunct, and contractors.
- Work with the Budget Department to develop accurate budget projections for each fiscal year, including reconciliation of vacancies and identified expenses to support College goals.
- Assist in developing strategic employee engagement initiatives designed to improve the overall employee experience and build a high-performance culture.
- Design and facilitate delivery of new-hire onboarding program to strengthen employee commitment and improve overall job satisfaction.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Work with College leadership to support Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives.
- Deliver training programs designed to facilitate communication and assist faculty and staff to recognize discrimination and remove barriers to achieving equity across the College.
Benefits & Compensation
- Ensure employee benefit and compensation inquiries are resolved in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with the interface with the State of Maryland regarding relevant benefits offerings.
- Facilitate annual open enrollment.
- Supervise maintenance of employee benefits and compensation records in accordance with College’s records retention policies.
• Other related duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 7 years of HR Management experience
- BA degree in HR management, or a related field
- PHR/SPHR Certification
- Payroll experience
- MA/MS in Human Resources
- Higher education experience
- Workday – benefits
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at [email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend ×Subject:Your email address:Recipient's email address:Personal message:I came across this job and thought you may be interested.Human Verification:Send E-mail