House Manager (Part-time, Variable Hour) Location:
St. Louis Full/Part Time: Job ID:
Touhill Peforming Arts Center
Compensation and specific duties will be determined based on experience.
Minimum hourly salary $16.00/hr
All House Management staff are representatives of the Touhill Performing Arts Center and employees of the University of Missouri Saint Louis. When working, all House Management staff are expected to comport themselves in a professional manner in keeping with the core values of both the University of Missouri Saint Louis and the Touhill Performing Arts Center.
All House Managers will, based on competency, be asked to work on a variety of tasks. These tasks are based on experience and job level; tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Setting up and running assigned events or assisting the Lead House Manager on larger events either in the Anheuser-Busch Performance Hall or Lee Theater, or in other venues as directed.
- Making all preparations for the arrival of patrons.
- Receiving assigned volunteer and student ushers and ensuring they are informed and prepared for the event.
- Enforcing Touhill policies regarding proper theater decorum, seating issues, and safety protocols while maintaining a welcoming and friendly demeanor.
- Solving patron service issues including ticketing/seating problems and disruptive patrons.
- Releasing volunteer and student ushers post-show, securing front-of-house and theater doors, accounting for lost-and-found, and remaining vigilant until all patrons have safely exited.
- The House Manager will also, at times, interact with other Touhill PAC staff members including, but not limited to, the Ticket Office, Production Services, and custodians, as well as possible interaction with other UMSL departments such as Campus Police or Facilities and Maintenance.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends. Must be comfortable working in fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Must attend and engage in training sessions as assigned.
- May serve as trainer of subordinate positions.
- May assist Patron Services Manager with recommendations to scheduling, staffing, and/or patron issues.
- May contribute recommendations for policy and procedural changes to Patron Services Manager.
- Will evaluate event success with an eye toward customer service.
- A high school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities can be acquired is necessary
- Ability to work long and unusual hours, including late at night.
- Willingness to work hard and take direction.
- Experience in front-of-house operations in a theater, arena, or other performance venue setting.
- Problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills and customer service experience.
Comments Application Instructions
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment. Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
For questions about the application process, please call (314) 516-5805. If you are experiencing technical problems, please email [email protected].
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: