Job location: Boca Raton Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
REQ10371 Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions is seeking an Admissions Counselor.
The Admissions Counselor is responsible for developing and implementing recruitment activities for assigned counties in Florida as well as other key recruitment markets nationwide. Admissions Counselors work with regional alumni in cooperation with the Alumni and Admissions Offices to support the University's recruitment efforts. Admissions Counselors partner and collaborate with staff and faculty in Student Affairs & Enrollment Management and Academic Affairs for recruitment, onboarding, and enrollment of new students.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and rapport with high school counselors and state college advisors.
- Counsels and advises prospective students, applicants, and family members about opportunities at Florida Atlantic University. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- The Admissions Counselor is required to manage a recruitment territory, using data, data analytics tools, and university dashboards to drive decisions, and consider ROI in recruitment events, travel and marketing efforts. This position is expected to support all on-campus recruitment events such as Open Houses and other Divisional events.
- Staff are accountable for generating reports, informing and meeting goals within their territory and providing input to admissions and student affairs leadership to inform the bigger enrollment picture. In-person, phone, email, chat, are all required ways in which FAU communicates with potential students.
- Admissions staff members are required to be nimble and able to utilize and participate in these ways. It is the responsibility of the Admissions Counselor to participate in high school visits, college nights/fairs, conduct presentations through multiple communication channels, and participate in call nights as scheduled throughout the recruiting cycle. Admissions Travel during the week, weekend and nights is required.
- This position is responsible for representing the entire university to prospective students and families and high school guidance counselors. As such, it is critical that Admissions Counselors utilize their understanding of university policies and procedures, a professional presence, and that they give accurate information while abiding by the university and higher education best practices.
Master's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience required.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.Salary:
$42,000College or Department:
Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., and may include some nights, weekends, and holidays such as winter break.Application Deadline:
2021-06-27-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant:
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.