Job location: FAU Medicine – Galen Building Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
REQ10428 Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The College of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Certified Medical Assistant, FAU Medicine Primary Care Practice, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Under the general supervision of the practice manager and in accordance with all applicable federal and state regulations, as well as protocols for FAU Medicine, the Certified Medical Assistant provides patient care and performs patient related tasks under the direction of the Practicing Physician or Nurse Practitioner (Provider).
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Ensuring all needed medical records are available to care teams and providers prior to patient’s office visit. Verifying each patient’s identity against all records and reports to be reviewed and documented during the visit.
- Documenting a brief narrative outlining the patient’s reason for the visit.
- Documenting and verifying each patient’s current medications and known allergies to be reviewed by the Provider during the visit. Updating all patient medications in the medication history at each visit.
- Taking and charting the patient’s vital signs in accordance with established practices. Staging patients in preparation to see providers.
- Tracking and relaying to patients, as directed by the Provider, the results of labs and diagnostic studies. Facilitating the timely communication of clinical advice to patients electronically or by phone as directed by practice providers.
- Ensuring at all times the order and cleanliness of each examination room and laboratory facilities. Assisting with other clinical and clerical duties to ensure optimization of patient experience within the practice.
- Performing venipunctures and preparing specimens for transport to outside laboratories; performing waived laboratory testing as ordered by the Provider and recording in an accurate fashion in patient’s charts.
- Administering injections, electrocardiograms, etc., as ordered by the Provider and recording in an accurate fashion in patient’s charts the delivery of such services.
- Performing routine inventories and replenishing medical supplies and disposables maintained in each examination room and laboratory in accordance with established levels.
- Sending medication orders to pharmacies as ordered by the Provider.
- Covering, as directed, the responsibilities of other staff who are absent, on leave, or away on meal breaks. Coordinating with other team members to provide exceptional patient service.
- Checking in patients and assisting with patient scheduling.
- Answering phones and triaging calls.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent and three years of appropriate experience required.
Certification as a medical assistant is required (CMA or RMA certification).
Certification as Phlebotomy and EKG technician preferred.
Experience in a clinical or medical office setting required.
Exceptional ability to develop positive professional and business relationships with patients, co-workers and Providers required.
Proficient technical competencies, attention to detail, and ability to follow up in a timely manner required.
Strong attention to detail and accuracy in entering patient data, maintaining medical records, communicating with patients, giving injections and administering related medical procedures, and preparing specimens for laboratory analysis required.
Familiar with the preparation and entering of data into electronic medical records required.
Excellent customer service, organizational, time management, verbal and written communication skills required.Salary:
$15.48 - $20.00 per hourCollege or Department:
College of MedicineLocation:
FAU Medicine – Galen BuildingWork Days and Hours:
Monday – Friday, 8a.m. – 5 p.m., with some evenings and weekends as needed. Hours will vary based off practice hours.Application Deadline:
2021-06-27-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant:
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Preference in appointment will be given to eligible veterans, spouses of eligible veterans, and certain family members of eligible veterans, in accordance with Florida Statutes, Section 295.07. Please submit your DD214 (Member 4 preferred) showing your dates and character of service with your application as an attachment or fax to 561-297-3915 or scan and email to [email protected]
, prior to the closing date of the position. If faxing your DD214, please also send an email to [email protected]
to notify us that the form was faxed, make sure the email includes your name and the REQ# of the job that was applied to.
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.