Head Strength & Conditioning Coach and Director of Fitness CenterPosting Number:
20110353Key Responsibilities :
The Director of the Fitness Center and Head Strength and Conditioning Coach has responsibility for all aspects of the Brumbaugh Fitness Center, as well as, the design, implementation, instruction, and supervision of sport specific strength and conditioning programs for the departments 24 varsity sports.
Specific Duties include:
- Coordinate, design, and implement sport specific strength and conditioning programs in consultation with coaching staffs, ATCs, and student-athletes.
- Manage, schedule, and facilitate team and individual student-athlete use of the Brumbaugh Fitness Center and corresponding sports performance spaces.
- Collaborate with student-athletes and ATCs to develop and monitor fitness and rehabilitation programs as needed.
- Educate and advise staff and student-athletes regarding the latest trends in sports performance, including; strength and conditioning, injury prevention, sports nutrition.
- Manage all aspects of the fitness center including; staff and student use; members and memberships; student and staff coverage and trainings; equipment maintenance and purchasing; the development, implementation and oversight of all policies, processes, and safety protocols for use of equipment and facilities, as well as sport specific training.
- Provide, develop, support, fitness related programming and activities for general, students, staff, and members, as needed.
- Identify, hire, manage Strength and Conditioning Intern and student staff.
- Coordinate, train, mentor, and help certify, sport coaches in support of department strength and conditioning programs and activities.
•Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a Strength and Conditioning Coach at the collegiate level, with preference given to those serving multiple teams.Supervision Required/Given:
•Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred.
oNSCA Strength and Conditioning Specialist
oCurrent CPR/First Aid
Reports to the Director of Athletics and supervises Strength and Conditioning Intern, student workers, and sport coaches assigned to assist as part of their additional responsibilities.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Juniata College believes in and embraces the liberal arts and as such, we encourage and seek mutual benefit through diversity of thought and approach which enriches our academic community, as well as the lives of our students and colleagues. Juniata College is committed to creating a welcoming community supported by relationships based on collaboration and mutual respect. We endeavor to create an inclusive learning environment where members with different perspectives and backgrounds can learn, contribute, and thrive. Please join us…Open Date:
06/11/2021Open Until Filled: