Dean of OnlineAnnual Hours:
$80, 000-$95, 000Position Type:
Exempt (Managerial)General Description:
This mid-level management position provides administrative oversight to the online division affording educational opportunities within available resources through the planning, researching, building, implementing and sustaining new and existing programs for the provision of credit and non-credit courses that adhere to Oklahoma State Regents of Higher Education (OSRHE) policies and guidelines.
The Dean emphasizes student success, faculty development and evaluation of curriculum including new program development related to online initiatives and content. The individual possesses the ability to lead online faculty and staff while being visionary and proactive, and must feel comfortable and possess mastery of distance learning and communication. The individual will value the need for collegiality and teamwork with other Deans. Serves as an ambassador in the community and to industry.
The Dean provides long-term strategic planning for the division while assisting in curriculum development and instructional planning. In addition, the Dean keeps abreast with current trends in workforce and economic development and works proactively toward meeting workforce and industry needs.Reports To:
Vice President for Academic AffairsWhat position(s) reports to this position?:
Online Faculty MembersMinimum Education/Experience:
Online Division Support Staff
•Master’s degree in an appropriate field; Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
•Minimum of 4 years’ experience in facilitating online learning and educational technology in higher education
•Minimum of 4 years’ experience teaching college courses online
•Responsible budget development and management skills; knowledge of financial models for international study programs
•Excellent organization and communication skills
•Experience coordinating online programs and partnerships
Ability to use the Internet effectively.
Ability to work flexible and evening hours.
Ability to communicate effectively by phone, email, and in-person.
Positive human relations skills.
Knowledge and understanding of the principles and practices of instructional design.
Knowledge of current computer software packages.
Considerable knowledge of current computer creative and production software applications.
Experience using Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint, and e-mail.
Troubleshooting basic PC and browser issues.
Ability to work with non-technical clients and students and translate content into multimedia products and formats including, but not limited to: video, audio, graphics, digital animations, and HTML.
Demonstrated ability to work as part of a project team.
Ability to remain calm under pressure.
Active listening skillPhysical Demands/Working Conditions:
1. GENERAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Sedentary work: The person in this position may occasionally exert up to 10 pounds of force to grasp, lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
2. PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
This position requires the person to frequently communicate with and listen to students, administration, faculty, staff, and others to perform the essential functions of the position. Must be able to exchange accurate information in various situations.
This position frequently requires the person to operate a computer and other office equipment to perform the essential functions of the position.
This position requires the person to frequently operate equipment that involves repetitive motions of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
This position requires the person to frequently remain in a standing and stationary position.
This position requires the person to frequently position self to access materials that may be above head or at ground level.
3. VISUAL ACUITY:
This position requires the person to judge, observe and assess the accuracy, neatness, thoroughness of work assigned or to make general observations.
4. WORKING CONDITIONSPreferred Qualifications:
This position performs the essential functions in an indoor office setting remotely.
•Earned doctoral degree from an accredited institution in a relevant area. (examples: Education, Online Instruction/Distance Learning, Instructional Design/Performance Technology, Instructional Technology)Work Hours:
•3 or more years in Community College administrative experience
•Experience with supporting online learners
•Experience designing online courses
Academic AffairsJob Open Date:
06/11/2021Job Close Date:
06/25/2021Open Until Filled:
Idalia BotelloSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants are to thoroughly complete the online application and attach the following required documents: cover letter, resume, and transcript conferring required degree.
Applicants who do not attach the required documents will not be considered for the position.
For application assistance, please contact Human Resources at (405) 682-7542, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM.Job Duties (Position Specific):
(The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)Job Duties (Duties Assignment Statement):
Create, implement, and supervise OCCC’s online campus
• Supervise and evaluate online faculty
• Conduct adjunct observations for online adjunct faculty
• Provides leadership in the design, development, implementation and evaluation of online learning, and hybrid learning programs
• Provides leadership in the design, development, and implementation of faculty training and professional development for technology-enhanced teaching and learning for the College
• Provides leadership for instructional design, course development, media, and support for online, hybrid and remote instruction for the College.
• Provides oversight for the implementation of initiatives to increase OCCC’s capacity to expand the online program, build support for hybrid instruction, and manage professional development efforts to train OCCC faculty.
• Provide leadership for the planning and scheduling of online programs and courses in conjunction with other Academic Deans and the AA leadership team.
• Provide leadership for creating and managing support services for online and hybrid students.
• Represent the Online Division at the local, regional, and national level as assigned.
• Provides leadership for the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of online learning initiatives, aligning the systems and vision of online learning with the college’s strategic goals.
• Supports processes to develop new online programs to build an appropriate online program portfolio.
• In collaboration with the academic teams, coordinate and facilitates course development utilizing approved technology-enhanced learning formats, including online and mixed modality options.
• Serves as a resource to the LMS Administrator for considerations about LMS functionality and features
• Monitor changes and updates in relevant regulatory organizations that may impact online learning.
• Develops and enhances external partnerships including membership in appropriate professional organizations that support the learning support systems.
• In conjunction with the academic deans, assesses the College’s needs for resources, equipment, and technology related to academic support goals and learning outcomes
• Participates in the college budget processJob Duties (Safety / Policy & Procedures):
Abide by the policies and procedures published in the Board of Regents Policies and College Policies & Procedures.
Contribute to a safe educational & working environment.
Adhere to established safety and health procedures and practices for the purpose of providing injury and illness prevention for self and others.
Complete quarterly health and safety training pursuant to OCCC’s established safety and health procedures and practices.
Participate in all applicable OCCC emergency, evacuation and shelter in place drills and be prepared to take action and assist others in taking appropriate action should a health or safety emergency occur.