Putting technology to work at Georgia State University. Are you passionate about technology, your clients’ success, and looking to make a difference? Ranked the #2 Most Innovative National University by US News and World Report, Georgia State is a leading force in the digital transformation of higher education. Georgia State's central technology services group, Instructional Innovation and Technology (IIT), seeks to inspire, support, and enable innovative solutions to advance learning, research and economic enterprise. IIT is leading the pursuit to find solutions to the unique challenges associated with information technology and serve as leaders in a global network of knowledge creation and sharing by earning the role of valued partners and trusted advisors for evolving technology solutions, discovering, creating, and implementing new models of higher education for a community of diverse learners, creating and supporting innovative solutions that improve the lives of our students, our city and our state, attracting, developing and retaining talented and capable professionals and fostering an innovative culture of leaders where collaboration, ownership, creativity, and efficiency are key.Georgia State University’s Instructional Innovation and Technology Department – Applications Solutions / Student Applications Division is looking for a skilled Application Developer, Intermediate to join our vibrant and growing team. This position will receive general supervision from management and will operate at a moderate level of independence. Day to day duties will require significant interaction with internal University customers, moderate interaction with external vendors, independent judgment, and limited decision making. The incumbent of this position will be responsible for application support, requirements and systems analysis, application programming, software testing, and project management for projects to which assigned. Possesses sufficient knowledge, expertise, and to work independently through each of the phases of the software development lifecycle on small to medium-sized projects. This position will also be expected to serve in the role of Project Manager for small projects. Responsible for project plans, time, estimates, design specifications, and/or other documentation associated with projects, tasks, or applications to which they are assigned. Consults and collaborates with personnel in other technical departments to coordinate activities. Possesses general knowledge and demonstrated proficiency with relevant software development tools. Prepares activity and status reports regarding the activities to which they are assigned.Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:Application Support:
Business and Systems Analysis:
- Responds to customer reports of problems, system performance anomalies, and/or general inquiries.
- Includes application code troubleshooting and design, programming, testing, and debugging of application patches/fixes, etc.
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding.
- Includes analysis and documentation of business processes and functional requirements.
- Considers the business implications of the application of technology to the business environment.
- Translates functional requirements and prepares detailed program specifications from which programs will be written.
- Responsible for identifying appropriate resources needed.
- Developing project plan/schedule.
- Scheduling and facilitating small project meetings.
- Coordinating activities of project team.
- Reporting project status to both management and customer.
- Participates in meetings and communicates regularly with both management and customer regarding project and/or application support activity status.
- Some moderate interaction with external vendors.
- Responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation.
Bachelor's degree and two years of related experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
06/30/21, 10:59:00 PMCollege/Business Unit:
Instructional Innovation & TechnologyLocation:
Atlanta CampusJob Posting:
06/10/21, 11:00:00 PM