Overview and Responsibilities
Under the leadership of the Executive Dean of Health, Emergency Services & River Falls Campus and in cooperation with the River Falls Program Assistant and Campus Assistant, this position is responsible for providing student/customer service, receptionist services, and general clerical support at CVTC’s River Falls campus.
- Serve as the first point of contact for telephone and walk-in customers for the following Student Services departments: records and registration, admissions, assessment and academic advising at the River Falls campus.
- Records and Registration
- Assist students with and forward requests for transcripts, enrollment, verifications, etc. to processing staff.
- Process address and legal name changes.
- Provide general information on student record holds.
- Provide student direct information as requested, while abiding by FERPA policies.
- Take pictures for student ID.
- Document release authorization forms for students per FERPA guidelines.
- Register students into classes and create a student record when appropriate.
- Drop students from classes, apply refunds, and complete appropriate paperwork.
- Provide general information on registration activities to include registration dates and times, withdrawal process, etc.
- Print and mail student schedule/bills.
- Provide assistance on course searches.
- Perform prerequisite overrides as approved by an Academic Advisor/Student Success Specialist.
- Accept credit card and cash payments, apply to student accounts.
- Open, balance, and close cashiering sessions.
- Participate in pertinent training sessions related to the position.
- Assist prospective students with application process.
- Accept payments for application fees, tuition, HESI testing, GED testing, and various student account payments.
- Schedule HESI and ACCUPLACER assessment appointments and assist students to register online.
- Process payment for HESI and ACCUPLACER test.
- Assist customers with accessing College website and MyCVTC.
- Serve as backup for the Campus Assistant.
- Inform customers about the services and resources available at the College.
- Perform/escalate emergency tasks as appropriate.
- Schedule appointments.
- Provide clerical support to other departments and instructors as appropriate.
- Respond to email inquiries from students, staff, faculty, and community.
- Responsible for building closure at end of shift.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of general office policies and procedures.
- Ability to learn and adhere to College organization, policies, and procedures related to position.
- Ability to deal with and manage conflict.
- Ability to use judgment, discretion, and decision making skills in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Ability to work non-standard hours, as necessary.
- Ability to model integrity through self-awareness, personal accountability, ethical behavior, quality standards, and sustainable practices.
- Ability to think critically by applying problem solving practices, acquiring relevant information, using technology and other resources appropriately, and evaluating alternatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively by speaking and writing clearly, concisely, and professionally; practicing active listening; reading critically and adapting communication for audience.
- Ability to value diversity by recognizing personal biases, adapting to culturally diverse situations, and demonstrating a commitment to equity, inclusion, and respectful interactions with persons of diverse ethnic, cultural, social-economic, or educational backgrounds.
- Intermediate knowledge of and skills with technology including software programs for communication, data collection, and decision making including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Technical diploma in Office Assistant or related area.
- Minimum of two years of experience working in customer service or professional office environment.
In evaluating candidates for this position, the College may consider a combination of education, training, and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform duties of position.As an equal opportunity/access employer and educator, CVTC is committed to creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
This position is not eligible for benefits.
CVTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the college's non-discrimination policies: Director of Human Resources, 620 W. Clairemont Avenue, Eau Claire, WI 54701, 715-833-6334, WI Relay: 711