Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsSchool/Department:
Department of Nursing Primary Location:
Staff Job Type:
Full Time Position Close Date:
Until Filled Description:
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the admissions and certification processes for the Department of Nursing and will provide secretarial support for departmental operations. This position requires a high level of energy and the ability to recognize customer needs are a primary focus of actions.
- Serves as the Admissions and Certification Officer for the Department of Nursing.
- Manages the student admission process, course registration, and certification process.
- Responsible for the establishment, management, security, and purging of confidential student files.
- Maintains department faculty files by following confidentiality guidelines.
- Prepares spreadsheets and other reports related to student admission, progression, graduation, and licensure.
- Processes student admission applications.
- Maintains student database related to candidate admissions, graduation, and licensure and ensure that all data is complete and correct.
- Researches, extracts, organizes and maintains data in the Banner Student Information System, Degree Works, and the nursing program database for program accreditation and annual reports.
- Maintains records and assists with all accrediting body and state board reports.
- Provides information and responds to inquiries orally and in writing to students, faculty, staff, and the general public regarding degree program and college policies and procedures.
- Gathers information and answers inquiries regarding the status of issues pending resolution such as complaints and special requests from students and faculty.
- Assists faculty with graduation audits.
- Assists faculty/students with completing course substitution/exception forms.
- Composes notification letters of admission status to prospective students when application packets are received.
- Reviews and edits documents to ensure that correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, and formatting is used.
- Serves as Secretary for the Department of Nursing Faculty Meetings and prepares the meeting minutes.
- Responsible for overseeing the secretarial operations of the office.
- Assists with ensuring priorities and deadlines are met on various projects.
- Performs office reception duties such as answering phone calls, greeting visitors and taking messages.
- Monitors operating budget and expenditure records to ensure accuracy.
- Communicates cohort size to ATI to ensure accurate billing.
- Tracks student ATI payments in coordination with the MGA Campus Store Director.
- Purchases supplies online through various vendors.
- Reconciles purchasing card account on a monthly basis.
- Enters course schedules into Banner.
- Enrolls nursing students into nursing courses.
- Tracks student demographics by cohort for annual reports.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of college and school policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Skill in prioritizing and organizing work.
- Skill in the use of innovative technology in the recruitment and admissions process.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to identify opportunities and takes action to build strategic partnerships to help achieve department goals.
- Ability to maintain effectiveness when experiencing major change in personal work or the work of the department.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and organize efficiently.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The Chair of the Department of Nursing assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
GUIDELINES: Guidelines include college and school policies and procedures. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK:
- The work consists of related administrative duties. Frequent interruptions contribute to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to provide administrative support for school operations. Successful performance helps ensure the efficiency of those operations.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college employees, students, members of the business community, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically accreditation, state, and federal agency representatives.
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, resolve problems, and provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
- The work may require driving to each campus location.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: This position supervises assigned student workers.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Advanced communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- This position is non-exempt (biweekly paid).
- Pay grade 17.
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: [email protected] with the subject line “10018010 Admissions/Certification Officer- Dublin 6.10.2021”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Staff application; a letter of interest which includes salary requirements; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D