DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Denver
Employer Relations- Student Career Development
Marketing and Events Coordinator (Student Services Intermediate Professional)
Position #688361– Requisition #21686* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Career Center has an opening for a full time University Staff (unclassified) Marketing and Events Coordinator position.
As Colorado’s public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research, creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver graduates gain the powerful combination of immersive classroom and real-world experience that are in demand today. The city benefits from well-educated, top talent and a new generation of knowledge that fuels the future of Denver and our region. We are CU in the City. CU Denver offers more than 100 degree programs, from the bachelor’s to the doctoral level, in the heart of downtown. Here, more than 15,000 students pursue academic programs that range from global energy management to music industry studies to criminal justice. As part of the state’s largest public university system, CU Denver is a major contributor to the Colorado economy, with nearly 2,500 employees and annual economic impact of $800 million. Jobs in this career family support students' emotional and physical well-being and intellectual, cultural and social development outside the context of the formal instruction program or traditional academic unit. Functions include student counseling, career guidance, residence life, multicultural affairs, support of student activities and organizations, recreation services and intramural athletics administration. Professionals at the intermediate level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. At the intermediate level, duties may be more limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals.Position Emphasis:
This position is responsible for running the day-to-day marketing and event coordinator of Student Career Services. This includes tasks relating to communications and marketing of events, programs, and resources. Working with Employer and Industry relations team to create a meaningful experience for our employer partners. Developing a consistent communication plan for informing campus stakeholders of employer relationships developed, job & internship opportunities, programming successes and overall team progress toward goals. This position will manage and curate social media channels and publishing calendars, and oversee the student Street Team student staff to assist in marketing and outreach efforts. This position will also coordinate major events such as our Internship and Job Fair, and Career Champions symposium, booking space, coordinating logistics (catering, registration, payments, etc.). This position reports to the Associate Director for Employer Relations.PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Salary and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position has been established at $40,000 to $48,000.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above hiring range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
*Required: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Preferred Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in education, communication, public relations, social science, women and gender studies, psychology, business, public administration, business administration, higher education, hospitality, liberal arts, marketing, human services, student affairs, or a directly related field from an accredited institution. Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.
- One (1) year of professional level experience in business operations, marketing, and/or event management.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A master’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Public Administration, Higher Education or related field.
- Experience with planning and/or marketing large scale events or job fairs.
- 1-2 years professional experience in business services administration.
- Experience supervising student staff.
- Experience in campus programming.
- Experience with marketing, communications, social media and graphic design.
Diversity and Equity:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Exceptional, time management skills, and multitasking skills.
- Experience in a fast-paced, open workspace/environment.
- Customer service skills and ability to collaborate with internal and external partners.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Job Category:
Student ServicesPrimary Location:
Jun 11, 2021Unposting Date: