The Administrative Director of Talent Acquisition Programs and Operations will report to the Assistant Vice President, New Talent Strategies and is a critical member of the DUHS Talent Acquisition (TA) Leadership Team. They will partner with the DUHS TA Leadership team to develop, define, deliver and measure TA programs while driving operational excellence and compliance. This position will work to design, develop and implement structure for the TA team around: systems, processes, analytics, training and attraction to ensure TA is able to deliver effective and efficient results. This position will manage a broad portfolio of TA programs that enable and support the DUHS TA organization. Scope of programs may include agency partnerships, community relations, diversity & inclusion, recruitment events, internal mobility, and others.
- Process Optimization & Compliance – 40%
- Optimize the effectiveness of TA as an operation and drive consistency by designing recruiting processes that drive for scalability, efficiency, velocity & an enhanced candidate experience.
- Assess TA processes and tools. Identify opportunities for improvement, including ways to simplify the hiring experience for an efficient recruiting and hiring practices while ensuring data integrity, reporting, and compliance with legal and client service level agreements.
- Establish and provide oversight of audits to ensure compliance with standards.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, technology needs, and federal/state and industry regulations, ensuring that HR systems and processes meet current and future needs and requirements; identify and communicate emerging issues related to recruiting compliance and operational practices
Training & Related Resources – 15%Create and maintain training coursework and resource guides for TA, hiring managers and key stakeholders on best practices, program strategies and service level agreements. Create standards and related materials to support new programs and projects. Develop interview guides based on required skills and behavior aligned with Duke values.Maintain SharePoint site.
Reporting & Insights – 15%Help establish shared goals & work with key stakeholders across the organization on strategies for executing, measuring progress and sharing results.Create consistency on reporting out to the business. Ensure team has efficient access to the data needed and provide regular reporting to TA Leadership team on requested metrics.Enable TA team, HR and Operational leaders to leverage Recruitment at a Glance dashboard.Identify and raise trends in data.Discover and address barriers for TA team to be able to effectively meet SLA’s.
Program Management: 20%Build and operationalize recruitment and retention programs i.e. employee referral program, recruitment incentives, internal mobility, international recruitment, etc. in order to achieve established goals.Manage plan and execution of career fairs and hiring events.Develop mechanisms to measure outcomes of TA programs.
Technology Management – 5%Provide oversight of account management with technology partners.Sponsor efforts to assess and integrate new technology and maximize use of ATS.Support work with TA and IT subject matter experts to ensure the Applicant Tracking System (ATS), CRM, and other integrated TA technology systems are deployed in a capacity that meets the needs of the TA organization and all relevant stakeholders.
Employer Brand – 5%Provide oversight of attraction and employer brand strategies Support the enablement and accountability for TA team on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, collegiate and community outreach.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7 or more years of work experience in Human Resources or Talent Acquisition including 3 or more years of leadership or project management experience
- Previous experience building and operationalizing HR or TA programs such as employee referrals, onboarding, internal mobility, retention, etc.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, complex and fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities effectively
- Ability to build and maintain strong, trusting relationships with colleagues, clients and team members
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.