Job no: 498807Job Title:
Department: Intercollegiate Athletics
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Athletics, Recreation
Status: Full Time
Assistant Director of Football Player Personnel & Digital DesignHours Per Week:
To assist the Director of Digital Design & Football Video Operations in the administration and operation of football’s digital content. To assist the Recruiting Coordinator in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with coaches of prospective student-athletes in order to identify and target recruits. This position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
This position is subject to compliance with the NCAA’s IAWP legislation which defines an individual associated with a prospective student-athlete (IAWP) as any person who maintains (or directs others to maintain) contact with the prospective student-athlete, the prospective student-athlete’s relatives or legal guardians, or coaches at any point during the prospective student-athlete’s participation in men’s basketball, women’s basketball, and/or football and whose contact is directly or indirectly related to either the prospective student-athlete’s athletic skills and abilities or the prospective student-athlete’s recruitment by or enrollment in an NCAA institution. This definition includes, but is not limited to, parents, legal guardians, handlers, personal trainers and coaches.
• Meet the graphic design needs of for coaches on all platforms (social, website, etc.).
• Create and distribute content within the social media plan for Miami Football’s Recruiting Operations.
• Stay on the cutting edge of digital and social media trends as well as best practices in digital design, applying this knowledge to all assignments.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with coaches and individuals associated with prospective student-athletes
• Manage recruitment database
• Develop and implement recruiting and communication plans for prospective student-athletes
• assist with campus visits and scouting visits
• Previous experience working within an intercollegiate athletic program (recruiting or coaching)
• Ability to manage time and commit to all required office and event hours (evenings and weekends)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Possess outstanding customer service and community relations skills and the ability to communicate (verbally and written) and work effectively within a diverse community with a wide range of clientele and various constituents.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), Google Drive (Sheets, Docs, etc)
• Proficient in the use of social media for communication and recruiting plans.
• Superior graphic design experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, Lightroom)
• Knowledge of XOS Thundercloud/Catapult, DVSport, Hudl, and JumpForward
• Technical football knowledge including terminology, schemes, and procedures that are used in the game of football.
• Ability to understand and comply with NCAA and MAC Bylaws.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560. As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.Benefits Eligible:
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact [email protected] or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 10 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time