Job no: 498830
Department: Intercollegiate Athletics
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Athletics, Recreation
Status: Part Time
Job Title:Coordinator of Volleyball OperationsHours Per Week:
$2,500 per month
Support the Head Volleyball Coach and Assistant Coaches in the administration and operation of the Women’s Volleyball Program consistent with the policies of Miami University, the National Collegiate Athletic Association, and other appropriate governing bodies, i.e., Mid-American Conference. This position is August-May with June and July off!
Miami University seeks an individual who has proven organizational skills, manages details well, is punctual and understands the importance of deadlines. Solid public relation skills and proficient writing skills are necessary for this position.
Participate in the administration of the Volleyball Program, working closely with the head coach including attendance at compliance meetings, appropriate record keeping for competition, practice sessions, recruiting and other designated areas of volleyball operations.
COMMUNITY OUTREACH/SOCIAL MEDIA
• Help to create and post content on several social media platforms.
• Help coordinate a monthly schedule and contribute ideas.
PRACTICE & MATCH-RELATED
• Help oversee student and graduate assistants working for the volleyball program
• Maintain student-athlete nutrition station for optimal performance & recovery
• Record and upload practice statistics. Help with posting NCAA stats and uploading film
• Assist in arena set-up / Video set-up
• Utilize Data Volley skills to code, edit video and assist staff in strategically preparing for each opponent. Provide individual video edits for individual and team viewing
• Act as liaison to the bus company/driver with trip details
• Create team travel itineraries for each road trip
• Acquire hotel quotes, manage contracts, act as liaison to the hotels with the help of the Options Travel staff.
• Organize travel receipts, and travel expense reports
• Plan and coordinate meals for each trip, handling menus and orders for travel party
• Assist with Miami Volleyball Team Banquet and other team events
• Work with Assistant Coach to select and schedule home pre-match meals
• Manage set-up for pre-match home meals
• Assist with CARA LOG and recruiting data recording
• Help coordinate high school and club tournament schedules
• Assist Recruiting Coordinator emails, and in maintaining recruiting databases.
Participate in department activities and attend all scheduled meetings.
Participate in other duties assigned by the Athletic Administration and Head Coach.
Bachelor’s Degree with working knowledge of NCAA rules. Possesses solid writing and interpersonal skills with time spent working with a college athletic program as a player, coach or administrator.
Previous experience as assistant coach, volunteer assistant, or director of operations for a college volleyball program. Working knowledge of Data Volley software for coding, editing and analysis, or an aptitude with a strong desire to learn.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position is subject to compliance with the NCAA’s IAWP legislation which defines an individual associated with a prospective student-athlete (IAWP) as any person who maintains (or directs others to maintain) contact with the prospective student-athlete, the prospective student-athlete’s relatives or legal guardians, or coaches at any point during the prospective student-athlete’s participation in men’s basketball, women’s basketball, and/or football and whose contact is directly or indirectly related to either the prospective student-athlete’s athletic skills and abilities or the prospective student-athlete’s recruitment by or enrollment in an NCAA institution. This definition includes, but is not limited to, parents, legal guardians, handlers, personal trainers and coaches.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected]
or 513-529-3560. As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html
, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.Benefits Eligible:
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact [email protected] or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 10 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time