TemporaryEssential Job Duties:
JOIN THE PACK!
NC State Dining offers opportunities for employment across our retail and hospitality units. We offer competitive pay, flexible schedules, and opportunity for learning, growth, and promotion. Dedicated and experienced dining professionals are available to provide on-the-job training and support to help you meet your full potential.
At NC State, we’re doing everything we can to protect the Pack as we respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. We have been following the Community Standards and will continue to do so as NC State plans for a normal fall 2021. More information can be found at the Protect the Pack website at https://www.ncsu.edu/coronavirus/
We are seeking individuals to Join our Pack as a Cafe/Market Supervisor. Successful candidates will work in a high volume food service environment.
Essential Job Duties:
• Provide exemplary customer Service to every guests.
• Operate micros system (touch screen cash register) and accurately process transactions through the POS by following NC State Dining cash handling procedures.
• Maintain financial paperwork, inventory, point of sale processed and procedures.
• Must perform the following tasks daily; make coffee and frozen drinks, dip ice cream, make milkshakes and waffle cones, bake cookies and other drinks and food products consistently by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards while following all health, safety, and sanitation guidelines.
• Perform necessary cleaning tasks in accordance with maintaining a Grade “A” Sanitation rating.
• Train staff on store operations and supervise employees
• Manage the transactions of purchasing, selling products.
• Other duties as assigned to ensure NC State Dining business needs are met. Position may be asked to assist in other locations as necessary.
This is an hourly position with a 10-11 month assignment. There is a mandatory 32-day break at the end of 11 months. Excellent performance during this time may provide an opportunity to renew employment and/or advance.
Campus Enterprises is NC State University’s division of retail and hospitality organizations — NC State Dining, NC State Stores, Lonnie Poole Golf Course, NC State Student Centers (Witherspoon and Talley), and the One Card Office. Each unit shares a common goal: deliver quality and efficient services with dedicated financial support for student activity and scholarships.
NC State Dining provides campus wide food services to students, staff, and faculty on the North Carolina State University Campus. NC State Dining operates 10 cafes, 3 food courts and 4 dining halls, 4 convenience stores, campus concessions, vending, a nutritional counseling service, and a catering department. The department employs approximately 1000 temporary and student employees and approximately 150 permanent EHRA and SHRA employees.Is Time Limited:
NoJob City & State:
NC State DiningClassification Title:
Café/Markets SupervisorWork Schedule:
Full and part-time positions available. Work Schedule #1- 11: 30 AM to 5 PM OR Work Schedule #2- 11:30 AM to 8 PM. May need to work a rotating shift including nights, weekends and holidays.Other Work/Responsibilities:
• Be an ambassador for NC State Dining and the university as a whole and enrich the quality of life for the campus community and support student success.Minimum Experience/Education:
• Work as a cohesive team member and play an integral part in creating a positive work environment.
• High School Diploma or equivalencyDepartment Required Skills:
• Demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work will also be considered.
• At least 1 year of experience in a similar capacity.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environmentPreferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education:
• Provide exemplary customer service to every guest.
• Contribute to maintaining a Grade A sanitation rating of 95% or better.
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers, supervisors, and peers.
• Ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
• Provide outstanding customer service, including the ability to remain professional and respectful under pressure when dealing with difficult situations.
• Excellence in completing all tasks.
• Efficient cash handling and ability to count back correct change to the customer and run credit card and One Card transactions as required.
• Ability to adapt to the changing customer volume level with a sense of urgency.
• Ability to work well as part of a team.
• Intermediate computer skills including the ability to learn new department specific software.
• This position requires standing for long periods of time, walking, bending, twisting, pulling and pushing. Because of the nature of a food service operation and working in a kitchen, you must be able to work in extremely hot and cold conditions.
• Must be able to lift up to 30 lb with or without reasonable accommodation.
• One year of supervisory or purchasing experience.Required License or Certification:
• Previous experience on a college or university campus.
• ServSafe certificate a plusValid NC Driver's License required?:
NoCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoAnticipated Hiring Range:
$13.00Job Open Date:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.