Requisition Number:31161Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:University StaffSchedule:Full-TimePosting Close Date:20-Jun-2021Date Posted:10-Jun-2021 Close All
Job SummaryThis position provides program support for the Boulder Campus Staff Council (BCSC), its constituents, and partners. A primary focus of this position is to provide assistance, support and direction to committee chairs and officers in the way of project support, purchasing of supplies, event planning, recording meeting minutes, and any additional support which may be requested on an as-needed basis. The position is responsible for supervising budgetary and financials for the Council as well as record-keeping in collaboration with the BCSC Treasurer. This position will provide continuity to the body of elected representatives from year to year.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreStaff Council represents, informs and educates staff employees by serving as a liaison between employees and Boulder campus, University system, and State administration. We also recommend proposals to the administration that are crafted to improve morale and advocate for the rights of staff employees. We are committed to promoting diversity, inclusion, cultural competency, and respect in conducting organizational business and initiatives.What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeStaff Council Meetings and Events
Coordinate and/or assist with schedule, prepare and disseminate agendas and minutes, and other meeting or event correspondence for the following:
- Executive Committee
- Full Council Meetings
- Individual committee meetings and events: (ASR, Communications, Outreach, PBRL, Elections, Blood Drive, Inclusive Excellence, and Special Committees)
- Event planning: Attend committee meetings, monitor, and manage in collaboration with committee chair(s), budget, schedule and scope of the event. Coordinates technology setup and supervises video conference calls during all in-person meetings to support various work arrangements as needed.
Administering and assisting in the creation and implementation of special and/or ongoing projects in collaboration with the appropriate BCSC committee as needed.
- Use a solid understanding of University Policies & Procedures in order to assist the staff council in making decisions in a manner conducive to university protocols.
- Take into consideration the needs of council guests, visitors, speakers or specific agenda items needing audiovisual aids or equipment (PPT projectors, PA systems, etc.)
The Staff Council Administrator will be charged with monitoring the progress of new initiatives taken on by various committees while being mindful of deadlines, landmarks, event focus and budgetary constraints. When vital, provide appropriate insights to ensure activity(s) conform to established university norms (Utilize appropriate forms, documentation, awards or handouts ensuring necessary processing and/or preparation occur). Coordinating Communications for Staff Council
This position is the primary source of communication for the Boulder Campus Staff Council. This role entails being a consistent voice facilitating and working with the communication committee. The focus of this position is to assist in developing a clear, concise, and appropriate content protocol in disseminating the various print and electronic media that might be posted in any of the following venues:
- Boulder Campus Council Website
- CU Boulder Today
- CU Connections
- Maintain Google App and Microsoft Teams resources such as drives, sheets, calendars, etc.
- Other channels that might improve the Staff Council Brand
Responsible for monitoring the efficiency of Staff Council communications by utilizing active outreach methodologies in a manner that demonstrates both sensitivity and awareness of the diverse audience the council serves. The following technology tools may be used in the above communication roles:
- Drupal (Web Express) - for monitoring and updating the council website.
- Qualtrics (Survey software) - to assist with annual staff council survey
- Doodle (Meeting scheduling tool) - to assist with selecting meeting times that meet the needs and schedules of committees, guests, etc.
- Utilization of Microsoft Office tools: (Outlook email, Excel spreadsheet software, Word, PPT, etc.)
Tasked with determining, in collaboration with committee chairs, the communications committee, and the Office of Strategic Relations, the most effective and timely methods of disseminating Staff Council media. This requires a keen awareness of every step being taken by every committee, to ensure timelines, landmarks, and budgetary needs are met in a welcoming yet professional manner.
Supervise Communications Student Employee on Graphic Design, Media Projects, and other design requests put forward by Communications Committee & Full Council. Review, Process, and Track Expenditures
Responsible for reviewing and monitoring all expenditures for the BCSC auxiliary and capital equipment accounts in conjunction with the Boulder Council Executive Committee, the Treasurer and university fiscal policy. This may include but not be limited to the following:
- Manage and supervise monthly purchases
- Ensure compliance with University procurement policies & procedures
- Formulation of reports and data metrics concerning programming/activities hosted by BCSC.
- Use of various CU system financial platforms to accomplish these duties:
- CU Marketplace
- Concur Travel platform
- HCM / PeopleSoft
Work with Boulder Council Treasurer to ensure the reallocation and distribution of charges to the appropriate chart field accounts, maintaining vital documentation in accordance with campus rules. Provide specific examples of regular, ongoing decisions made by this position related to this duty. This position processes and reviews budgets for all committee-sponsored events as well as day-to-day expenditures incurred in the operation of the council. This includes all purchases, inventory controls, accounting and adherence to university fiscal policy and protocols. Monthly reports in collaboration with the BCSC Treasurer will be provided for council scrutiny and transparency.
Responsible for advising the Chair/Co-chairs and the Executive Committee of rising or unusual charges that may affect the financial stability and/or budgetary projections of the council in a negative manner. This requires that the position provides careful management of the planning processes utilized by the various council committees as well as enforcing pre-approved budgetary guidelines set forth by the council leadership/treasurer. If necessary, questions may be called out for review by either the supervisor, area accounting tech, or the VC of Finance/Administration. Program Administration
Provide administrative support to the BCSC in one of the following ways:
- Serving as a liaison to external offices or constituencies.
- Assisting in the interpretation of state, university, or staff council-related regulations or guidelines. This may include but not be limited to:
- The appraisal of BCSC Bylaws or Standing rules
- BCSC or University Code of Conduct
- BCSC Elections Code
Apply knowledge of current BCSC and University policies to provide guidance and governance observance. This position must be prepared to provide advisement of rules, policies needing to be applied in specified circumstances during meetings/events. This would include a general understanding of Roberts Rules, as well as those provided under the university or state mandate.
Use a solid understanding of University policies and procedures in order to assist Staff Council in making decisions in a manner conducive to university protocols. What We Can OfferSalary range is $45,000 - $55,000.BenefitsThe University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
.Be StatementsBe Accomplished. Be Impactful. Be Boulder.What We Require
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the Staff Council Administrator position.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Two additional years of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the Staff Council Administrator position.
- Working knowledge of University Policies & Procedures.
- Background and experience in coordinating Volunteer Management.
- Event Planning Experience.
- Project Management Experience.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by 6/20/21
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs
.Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human REsourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]