Requisition Number:31114Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:Temporary StaffSchedule:Full-TimePosting Close Date:27-Jun-2021Date Posted:11-Jun-2021 Close All
Job SummaryOur Project Coordinator will assist OIT Project Managers with project administration and organization on larger and higher priority projects and also provide project administrative and organizational support for lower priority, less complex OIT projects.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreVision:
- The Office of Information Technology will be valued by campus as a strategic, inclusive, and innovative partner in advancing learning and discovery in order to enable CU Boulder to be a premier public university.
- The Office of Information Technology enables campus priorities by providing high-value IT services and solutions.
- Trust, as a foundation for how we engage with one another and with campus partners, along with
- Avid curiosity in how to better support the campus and our stakeholder's while
- Fostering empowerment and authentic engagement amongst ourselves and
- Celebrating inclusivity that promotes a sense of belonging while acknowledging that each person is unique and valued.
OIT will advance learning and discovery by delivering high-value reliable IT services and solutions that:
- Provide a fluid and adaptable academic and student experience
- Enable research competitiveness and
- Deliver core infrastructure and enterprise IT services for business effectiveness.
Based on our departmental goals and our commitment to diversity and inclusive excellence, OIT particularly welcomes applications from candidates whose knowledge, skills, and abilities, and desire to contribute to an inclusive campus environment, will help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Specific Ongoing Job Expectations Include:Project Delivery -
- Coordination, administration, and organization responsibilities of multiple assigned projects that are critical to OIT's business operations and overall mission. Assist with the development of detailed project schedule, timeline, resource requirements, and budget. Coordinate efforts of project members to stay on schedule and accomplish defined objectives. Facilitate communication with project sponsors, stakeholders, team members, constituents, service and support personnel, and management by assisting with the creation and execution of communication plans.
- This position will collaborate with OIT Project Managers to produce meeting agendas. The Project Coordinator will capture action items, decisions, and deadlines, consolidating meeting minutes, and distributing to project stakeholders. Good listening skills and the ability to provide related feedback will be vital.
Project Status -
- Review projects plan to ensure tasks are completed on schedule.
- Report uncontrollable events impacting existing project schedules to OIT management as soon as possible.
- Maintain current projected release/deployment/implementation dates based on progress to date and best available resource and task estimates.
- Help ensure changes follow the defined change management process.
- Facilitate communication with service, support, and operations teams.
Issue and Risk Management -
- Deliver timely and accurate project status.
- Work with Project Managers to track and reconcile budgets.
- Coordinate with procurement personnel and outside contractors to ensure equipment is ordered and received per project documentation.
- Help prepare and distribute information regarding budgets, scheduled work windows, and various informational databases.
- Assist with identifying, tracking, and managing project risks, issues, and roadblocks.
What You Should Know
- This full-time position may be fully remote but the incumbent must be available during core hours of 9 am to 3 pm, MDST.
What We Can Offer
- Annual salary range for this position is $55,000 - $65,000.
BenefitsTemporary positions at the University of Colorado are not benefits-eligible, however, all positions are eligible for paid sick leave. Be StatementsBe Collaborative. Be Excited. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- 1+ years of experience directly related to the work assignment.
What You Will Need
- Must be extremely well organized.
- Exceedingly detail-oriented.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
What We Would Like You To Have
- PMI Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM).
- Experience completing work and driving change in an inclusive, consensus-driven environment.
- Member of the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by June 27, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]