Job no: 496017
Work type: Full Time Temp (more than 28 hours, benefits eligible)
Categories: Student Affairs
Regional Recruiter – Charlotte, North Carolina
Under the direction of the Director of Admissions and Strategic Recruitment, the Regional Recruiter will be responsible for recruitment, admissions counseling, and outreach for The Citadel (travel more than 60% of time). This position is based in Charlotte, North Carolina. This position will not include a relocation package. This is a one-year annual contract position, with an annual reappointment process based on performance and institutional need. This position will represent and recruit for The Citadel Graduate College, College Transfer Program, and the South Carolina Corps of Cadets. The Regional Recruiter will work closely with senior admissions team members on planning and executing strategies to meet institutional enrollment goals while serving prospective students through the undergraduate or graduate search process.
- Coordinate recruitment activities and serve as the primary point of contact for the region. Attend graduate school fairs, community college transfer fairs, technical college fairs, and coordinating private college visits to promote transfer and graduate online and on-campus programs.
- Establish relationships with human resource departments within companies and corporations to regularly visit, present and participate in company sponsored education fairs and meetings to recruit. Develop and cultivate recruitment visits with federal and state government agencies. Represent The Citadel at large professional development and government conferences. Build collaborative and/or pipeline matriculation efforts into transfer and graduate programs with companies providing tuition assistance for their employees.
- Build recruitment efforts geared towards active duty military, veterans, and their families in the area. This includes attending military installation education expos and meeting with base Education Specialist Officers within the region.
- Utilize Recruit CRM database and other data tools to actively monitor territory analytics, provide reports and activity updates, and recommend appropriate strategies and tactics to achieve enrollment goals.
- Manage an admissions territory: participates in file reviews for application decisions for graduate and transfer students.
- On behalf of the Cadet Admissions office: Manage assigned recruitment territory to include planning recruitment, attending college fairs, meeting with prospective students and their families, and hosting related recruitment events in various areas in and around North Carolina.
A Bachelor’s degree is required. The ability to travel and to work flexible hours will be required for completion of duties. Applicants must have excellent customer service, written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to work effectively independently and as part of a team with a high degree of interaction with others. Strong public speaking skills and the ability to develop and foster relationships with schools and companies. Goal oriented. Experience setting priorities and meeting deadlines. Strong computer skills are required. Experience working in a collegiate environment, preferably in an enrollment management related area (ie: Admissions, Financial Aid, or Advising). Must possess a high degree of professionalism & integrity. Must attend training on The Citadel’s campus in Charleston, SC before beginning duties. Ability to travel to The Citadel’s main campus periodically.
Advertised: Jun 10 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jul 09 2021 Eastern Daylight Time