Job location: Killeen TAMUCT Employment Type:
Part-time Posted data:
R-038869 Job Title
Student Success Coach I (PT Temporary and Remote)Agency
Texas A&M University - Central TexasDepartment
Student SuccessProposed Minimum Salary
$11.00 hourlyJob Location
Killeen, TexasJob Type
Temporary/Casual Staff (Fixed Term)Job Description
The Student Success Coach works under general supervision of the Assistant Director of Student Success, Equity, and Inclusion, The Student Success Coach develops and enhances relationships with students, staff, and faculty to support enrollment, persistence, and success.
This is a grant funded position with a fixed term contract that ends on May 31, 2022.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Fosters persistence and completion by providing comprehensive case management for students with identified risk factors; assists students in developing effective problem-solving skills, decision-making, and personal responsibility to overcome barriers impeding academic success.
- Initiates proactive interventions/strategies and may collaborate with faculty and campus staff to address academic concerns and life challenges for students to successfully complete their educational goals.
- Monitor’s progress of students in caseload with check-ins, scheduled meetings or proactive outreach and communication, responding to students’ questions, concerns and needs
- Assists students in developing self-efficacy by identifying and overcoming obstacles that may be impeding academic success; works with students to learn strong time management and organization skills; motivates students to practice self-regulation and take ownership of their academic success
- Helps students in identifying, developing and implementing learning strategies and study skills specific to course materials
- Functions and communicates effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities and cultural backgrounds.
- Other duties as assigned
Education – Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience – Two years’ experience with high school or College aged students in an educational environment.
Knowledge of – Coaching, instructional and mentoring techniques; traditional and online course practices and procedures; trends, issues, and accepted practices relevant to the position
Ability to – Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
Licensing / Professional Certification – None.
Physical Requirements – None.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.