Director, Marketo Communication System - Georgetown University McDonough School of Business
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.RequirementsDirector of Marketo Communications System - McDonough School of Business
At Georgetown University's McDonough School of Business,
our mission is to build global business knowledge and inspire ethical leaders to serve the common good.
The Director of Marketo Communication System is responsible for managing the marketing operations functions and all marketing technology (MarTech) products. Under the direction of the Chief Admissions Officer, this position helps drive more applications, yield higher quality prospective students to graduate program, and promote the brand of Admissions, Alumni Relations and Centers of Excellence within the McDonough School of Business. The Director sets the strategic direction of all connected tools and serves as the point of contact, administrator, internal consultant, and program manager. This position will lead the MSB MarTech user group to ensure there is structured and consistent use of each tool across the School and will serve as liaison with the software companies to resolve issues or concerns from the various departments across the school.
Reporting to the Chief Admissions Officer and working closely with the Associate Dean of Admissions and Director of Marketing for the FT and Flex MBA programs, the Assistant Dean of Admissions for Executive Graduate programs, MSB MarComm team and MSB Alumni Relations the Director of Marketo Communication System duties includes: Technology/ CRM Management
Marketing and Communication Management
- Serves as the internal MarTech consultant for the McDonough School of Business. Provide strategic direction to internal stakeholders in achievement of their marketing and recruitment goals.
- Manages the implementation and maintenance of all marketing technology tools across the departments within Georgetown McDonough.
- Project manages a team of nearly 25 internal staff and external vendors in the ongoing development of marketing technology, application integration, data hygiene, and workflow development.
- Develops custom marketing automation solutions to increase departmental efficiency, marketing personalization, and analyze marketing and recruitment tactics. This may include lead (prospective student) scoring, email nurturing, conversion strategies, and analytics.
- Sets and negotiates business terms for the overall marketing stack of all marketing technology products.
- Works closely with the Assistant Director of Marketing Operations/Technology in the monitoring of data quality across all MarTech tools.
- Governs the proper use of and promotion of best practices for all marketing technology tools, among marketing users (major and minor stakeholders included).
- Acts as the lead point of contact and point of escalation for issues related to Marketo and other related solutions that are integrated with it.
- Works with technical resources for the proper implementation and maintenance of integration points between systems, in particular the Customer Relation Management system (CRM), Salesforce.
- Manages the budget reconciliation of MarTech tools across the school, amounting to approximately $100,000 per year.
- Assists in the development and analysis of metrics with the Associate Dean Admissions, Chief Admissions Officer and Admissions Manager.
- Collaborates with the rest of MarTech major stakeholders to shape school-wide goals and strategies as they relate to capabilities of marketing automation and connected applications.
- Advises the Admissions Operations team on the selection of a new application tool as it relates to its connection with Salesforce/ Marketo.
- Serves in oversight capacity for the interview tool as it relates to its connection with Salesforce/ Marketo.
Admissions - Recruiting
- Aligns MarTech tools with the strategy and execution of communication plans, develops metrics and tracks analytics. Assists the Associate Dean Admissions, Chief Admissions Officer in defining marketing opportunities for all of MSB graduate degree programs through the identification of major market segments, and works through Data Analytics and with the Admissions Managers/Assistant Directors to prepare CRM data analysis.
- Provides direction for the development of targeted email campaigns and design of graphics used in communications to prospective and admitted students.
- Works with external marketing firm as it relates to products needed for all marketing technology tools.
- Evaluates graduate business applicants (MBA, executive, and specialized master's) and makes recommendations for action to the Graduate Admissions Committee. Includes:
- Conduct personal interviews with applicants to evaluate their suitability for Georgetown McDonough graduate business programs.
- Providing the necessary evaluative information in the review of foreign credentials.
- Sell the unique value of Georgetown McDonough Graduate Programs to diverse, international audiences through one-to-one interactions or presentations to large audiences.
- Travel both domestically and internationally to attract top talent to reach our enrollment targets.
- Responds to routine and non-routine inquiries from applicants concerning the application process, notification, financial aid information, visa requirements, conditions, and program requirements.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- At least 6-8 years of experience within a marketing or recruitment functions.
- Marketing Automation, CRM, Marketing, Analytics, and Project Management experience required.
- Extremely strong interpersonal abilities and strong team orientation required.
- Must be able to work with various constituencies including vendors, prospective students, current students, alumni, faculty, and staff.
- Must be able to think strategically in the delivery of programs and services, with strong organizational skills.
- Technical Skills: Substantial working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Canva, and Prezi. Prior use of Marketo or similar sophisticated marketing automation tool. Prior use of Salesforce. Experience with an institution of higher education.
Current Georgetown Employees:
- Master's degree in business, higher ed, information systems/technology, or marketing
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu
) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.Submission Guidelines:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.Need Assistance:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here
for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected]
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu
or view the online interactive benefits guide
for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Director--Marketo-Communication-System---Georgetown-University-McDonough-School-of-Business_JR10345
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency