Part Time LOA MFG Instructors FY 2022
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected]
or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.Job DescriptionPosition Summary:
Part time LOA Instructors are responsible for performing diverse professional activities for the DWED Manufacturing Programs, including technical & quality support to the MFG Director and Manager and to enrolled students, development, implementation and evaluation of curricula and service for the Division of Workforce & Economic Division (DWED), MFG Programs.
LOA Instructors will perform standardized, classroom teaching deliveries and technical laboratory procedures requiring knowledge in Industrial Manufacturing or other MFG areas in a teaching and research.
This position is responsible for:Program Management:
- Assist when needed and directed in local and statewide industry partnerships.
- Collaborate with CSN Division of Workforce and Economic Development Training faculty and staff at CSN campuses to ensure consistency of credit and non-credit programming.
- Support and provide feedback to uphold a positive work environment through intentional communications.
- Support & provide feedback in curriculum development and updates through industry advisory collaboration.
- Maintain, record and provide required reports were directed by the MFG Program Director.
- Participate in required continuing education related to industry standards, professional development, national trends, best practices, projected hiring needs and industry certification.
- Assist in oversight of program equipment and inventory, supply and maintenance of consumables, curriculum, books and labs.
- Perform routine laboratory tests as directed by MFG Program Director and standards required in the grant.
- Prepare equipment and supplies to standardized laboratory procedures and protocols within the grant.
- Mix and prepare a variety of reagents and solutions for MFG classroom and laboratory demonstrations. Store and dispose of hazardous chemicals and biohazardous materials according to all state, NSHE and grant established health and safety regulations.
- Maintain, initiate and store laboratory equipment, supplies, and inventories on a weekly basis; communicate to both the MFG Director and MFG Manager project estimates of needed supplies.
- Ensure the safe handling and storage of chemicals and supplies which require special treatment; calibrate instruments before use; maintain instrumentation, furniture, floors, and research areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform record keeping duties related to the operation and maintenance of a MFG laboratory stockroom; issue, receive and inspect laboratory equipment and supplies to ensure proper condition.
- Receive, catalog, organize, store, issue and maintain laboratory equipment, instruments, tools, solutions, supplies and materials in proper condition and location.
- Clean, adjust and perform minor repairs to a variety of mechanical equipment, instruments and apparatus; maintain records of repair and service to laboratory equipment and machinery.
- Establish and maintain files and records related to equipment, supplies, and work performed, and experiment schedules; operate computer equipment to enter data and generate reports.
- Perform all related duties as assigned.
- A 2-year Degree is required and or completion of certification in manufacturing /maintenance technology.
- Minimum of 5 years in manufacturing or manufacturing education experience.
- Prior experience in advanced manufacturing maintenance, engineering, and skilled trades to include electrical, fluid power, automation controls, CNC machining, robotics, manufacturing design, or design engineering.
- Ability to maintain orderly work environment, overall organizational skills.
- Quick learning, ability to mentally organize, suggest immediate and long-range solutions for all issues.
- Experience working with diverse clientele of adult learners.
- Proficient in any digital environment, Internet applications, Microsoft Office-Pro suite, and student information systems.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Ability to track daily attendance and maintain all records for grades in an updated current format.
- Ability to learn or use Canvas platforms.
- Preferred but not required, adult education experience in handling all issue immediately that may arise.
- Recruitment and Community Engagement:
- Identify potential new opportunities and outreach initiatives in target areas.
- Assist and contribute with MFG Director & MFG Program Manager in communication plans, engaging and informing key constituents and partners.
- When needed represent College of Southern Nevada program at approved events and recruitment opportunities (travel required).
- Assist & support, MFG marketing using various methods - website, eMarketing, social media (paid or unpaid), print and video.
- Support branding MFG best practices.
- Support the MFG marketing plan to internal & external partners.
- Ability to be self-motivated with a positive, professional attitude when interfacing with students and both internal & external customers.
- Strong documentation when writing, proofreading, and editing skills required for the preparation and finalization of all MFG reports and logging of statistics/data materials.
- Skilled in collaborating on multiple projects while balancing the expectations of key internal and external clients in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Strong oral communication, interpersonal, critical thinking, problem-solving and listening skills balanced with creativity and professionalism.
- Skilled with MS Office and the ability & wiliness to learn Amitrol software.
- Ability to work collaboratively with administration and staff.
Top be considered for this position all applicants must attach the following documents on to their applications:
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts (Optional)
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.Posting Close Date
06/30/2022Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---ALC---SatelliteLeased-Locations/Part-Time-LOA-MFG-Instructors-FY-2022_R0124922
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency