DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusDepartment: Office of the Chief Research Informatics Officer (CRIO) Job Title: CRIO Business Operations Program ManagerPosition #784342 – Requisition #21507
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Who We Are:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. TheOffice of the Chief Research Informatics Officer has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) CRIO Business Operations Program Manager position.
Jobs in this career family provide direct professional support of research activities. Functions include contracts and grants solicitation and administration, grant/agreement preparation, review and negotiation, regulatory compliance, sponsor communication and post and pre award management, human subject compliance, research animal management, research laboratory coordination and instruction, environmental health and safety, radiation control, hazardous materials use, disposal and training.Program Managers are responsible for the day-to-day operation of a program, function or work unit, including the Development and implementation of processes consistent with college, school or departmental strategies and processes. These positions typically do not supervise others.Department Summary:
The Office of the CRIO will empower CU-AMC to thrive in an increasingly data-driven world and will coordinate the use of information and information systems to transform biomedical research and improve quality and efficiency. The CRIO office will focus on integrating analytic and data capabilities to maximize the impact of University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus’s (CU-AMC) data assets and aid in the realization and advancement of the following key business differentiators: 1) Learning healthcare; 2) health system and research operational success; and 3) workflows and infrastructure to promote new translational discoveries and their implementation. The office will foster a data ecosystem that maximizes the return on investments in personnel, data production, and informatics infrastructure taking into account the needs of a diverse array of organizational partners, patients, and communities.Job Summary:
The Office of the CRIO Business Operations Program Manager will interface directly with various constituents and stakeholders across the entirety of the CU-AMC. The Business Operations Program Manager will plan, organize, coordinate, evaluate and participate in CRIO-coordinated programs and projects; plan and monitor performance against project goals and objectives and ensure results; interact with internal and external program or project stakeholders to build support. The Business Operations Program Manager will work in a self-directed manner with excellent project, process, and task prioritization skills. This individual will need to be mission-driven and a strong advocate for the innovation, growth, and development of opportunities across the University of Colorado campus on behalf of the CRIO Office. The individual in this role will serve as a central point for the CRIO-coordinated projects, will work closely with project leads to help allocate and manage institutional resources. A primary focus of this role will be to develop positive and productive relationships, demonstrate strategic and tactical leadership for CRIO-sponsored programs, and provide oversight of projects and processes. This individual will be responsible for identifying, leading, and developing strategic initiatives for the CRIO office and its growth in partnership with key staff and internal and external stakeholders.Examples of Work Performed:
Process Management and Improvement
- Oversee and direct the daily project management operations of the CRIO office.
- Establish standard operating procedures for informatics and infrastructure project intake, prioritization, planning, and status updates. Work with project leads and the Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) on resource allocation (budget/vendors/staff), task management, and deliverables using project management tools.
- In collaboration with CRIO leadership team, perform ongoing landscape analysis of existing resources to identify assets, gaps, and stakeholder needs.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the organization’s informatics landscape.
- Project manage the design, development, and implementation of informatics and infrastructure projects, workflows, and process improvements, while maintaining compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and policy (e.g. IRB, HIPAA).
- Create and communicate project management and status reports to CRIO leadership and stakeholders.
- Provide faculty and staff training and documentation for new project resources and processes as needed.
- Create metrics and monitor progress and outcomes for projects to ensure product quality, efficiency, and improvement, in collaboration with the CRIO Data Analyst.
- Research, compile, prepare, and compose analysis, data, reports and documents in support of the specialized focus area with the support of the Data Analyst.
- Stay up to date with the latest technology and project management strategies and tools.
- Build and maintain positive and productive relationships within the research office and stakeholders across campus and with hospitals and other partners to address stakeholder needs.
- Seamlessly interface and gain the trust of individuals at all levels and lead the project team through requirements analysis, project planning, implementation of marketing or dissemination, campaigns, and otherwise expand existing relationships.
- Partner with the DFA and communications team members on developing a marketing strategy in concert with key stakeholders to inform clients about CRIO-coordinated projects, products, and services
- Schedule regular meetings, discussions, teleconferences and visit offices to strengthen the relationships and define projects.
- Support the CRIO / leadership on strategic planning sessions to ensure understanding of how the CRIO office can meet stakeholder needs.
- Demonstrate service excellence.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Contribute to the overall success of the CRIO office and the University by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.Salary and Benefits:
Diversity and Equity:
- The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $61,877 - $78,708
- The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
- The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
- This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
- Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
- Here is a link to an overview of the benefits package
- Here is a link to a Total Compensation Calculator
- The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A bachelor’s degree in business management, organizational leadership, marketing, communications, hospitality management, public relations, business administration, business, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- At least three (3) years extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience, including direct responsibility for project manager for software or technical projects (e.g. project and issue tracking, release/risk management, etc.).
- Experience with virtual collaboration tools, including GSuite, Slack, web conferencing tools (Skype, WebEx, Zoom), cloud storage services (Box, Dropbox, Google Drive), and/or Git/GitHub.
- Experience in development and design of project documentation including training manuals, process outlines, flowcharts, and implementation procedures.
- Experience with relevant project management processes, tools, and resources.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Preferred Qualifications:
- Project management certification.
- Experience with technical management of code and informatics project repositories such as GitHub and issue trackers such as JIRA.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in customer service and/or client relations.
- Experience with various CU Medicine, UCH, and University policies, rules and regulations.
- Experience in higher education specifically in Research Administration.
- Experience with IT or data governance (security, privacy, compliance).
- Experience in a healthcare setting.
Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.Outstanding customer service skills.Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.Ability to work with a diverse group and competing interests.Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, work under tight deadlines.Ability to collaborate with faculty and staff across campus.Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.Strong information management skills.Outstanding verbal and written communication and negotiation ability.Strong problem solving ability and self-initiative.Ability to effectively explain and implement processes and procedures.Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects.Excellent attention to detail.Ability to monitor metrics and project progress and make recommendations as needed.Ability to coordinate projects and lead multiple teams.Ability to represent the University in a professional manner with tact and diplomacy.Job Category:
Research ServicesPrimary Location:
Jun 9, 2021Unposting Date: