DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusSchool of Medicine Dean’s OfficeCommunications Program Manager Position # 00785033 – Requisition #21672
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.School of Medicine has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Communications Program Manager.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Nature of Work
The University of Colorado (CU) School of Medicine is seeking a talented individual to serve in the newly created role of full-time Communications Program Manager. This position will support and assist in leading in the development and execution of communication and marketing strategies that promote the work of the School of Medicine, departments, and centers. The Communications Program Manager will be responsible for managing communications efforts including social media and website management, blog writing, graphic design, and ensuring that developed content is compelling, accurate, relevant, current, and consistent with CU brand messaging.The position requires exceptional attention to detail, the ability to focus on and complete tasks, and the ability to work with all levels of staff and faculty. The program manager will gather information, write, and distribute content appropriately. The position requires excellent project management abilities in a fast-paced environment. This position, working with the CU Department of Ophthalmology, will be a member of the CU School of Medicine communications team supporting the goals of the Dean’s Office. This growing team’s goal is to connect and strengthen the communications between the school and its departments, divisions, and centers.Professional Field
Writing, communications, and marketingSupervision Received
Associate Director of Communications and MarketingSupervision Exercised
NoneExamples of Work Performed
Manage the development and implementation of a communications plan in partnership with the School of Medicine:
- Develop, implement, and coordinate external communications.
- Maintain an editorial calendar for communications activities that includes monitoring content and social media.
- Develop visual assets for communications channels.
- Manage and track social media budget.
- Track and report the effectiveness of communications channels, including monitoring the reach and engagement channels; identify opportunities for expanding reach and increasing engagement.
Develop and manage social media and email communications:
- Implement and manage social media channels and email platform.
- Produce and maintain social media editorial content calendar.
- Develop, implement, and track the effectiveness of social media or digital campaigns.
- Monitor and measure effectiveness.
- Create videos and graphics for social media and email campaigns.
- Organize and segment email marketing lists, design email campaigns for targeted audiences.
Develop, write, and communicate blog stories:
- Connect with the faculty, trainees, and staff to identify and develop story/blog ideas.
- Increase reach to audiences by sharing stories/blogs and highlighting activities in a timely manner.
- Manage website content, look, and functionality.
- Update existing content and generate new content.
- Perform search engine optimization to help with website ranking.
- Ensure web content meets standards for accuracy, usability, and best practices.
Collaboration and best practices:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Build and maintain relationships with the leaders of the Department of Ophthalmology, faculty, trainees, and staff.
- Collaborate with colleagues at CU Anschutz Medical Campus, UCHealth, Children’s Hospital Colorado, and Veterans Affairs, and others as appropriate.
- Identify and implement best practices with regard to communication practices, strategies, and tools.
- Attend campus communications meetings as needed.
Salary and Benefits:
- Exceptional independent writing skills and experience developing clear, concise and key message-focused communications.
- Excellent knowledge in editing and grammar, including AP style.
- Demonstrated ability to capture the voice of a brand/person and consistently.
- Highly organized and dependable; able to multitask, work quickly and effectively manage numerous deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Dedicated to producing excellent work and excellent customer service.
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at $59,608 - $85,000The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, marketing, communications, public or media relations, journalism or other related fields
- 4-6 years of experience working in social media, communications, public relations or marketing field(s). With preference given to health care or higher education.
- Experience with project management, prioritization, timelines and ensuring on-time deliverables.
***Those selected for interviews will be asked to provide writing samples of the following:
Required: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
- 3-5 social media posts, which may include a mix of infographics, videos and website posts, and two blog articles.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Preferred Requirements
- Additional training/professional development in the following areas: social media strategy and implementation, writing for the web, search engine optimization, content management systems, HTML and video editing.
- Experience working in a web content management system (Sitefinity, HubSpot).
- Communications experience in a university, academic medical center and/or large hospital system environment.
- Experience with graphic design and video editing.
Jun 11, 2021Unposting Date: