DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusSchool of Medicine, Department of Neurosurgery, Neuropsychology DivisionWorking Job Title: Neuropsychology Testing Sr. PRAOfficial Job Title: Sr. Professional Research Assistant Position # 00784993
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Neuropsychology Division has an opening for a full-time Sr. Professional Research Assistant position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Responsibilities:Appointment preparation
Prepare paperwork for test day including identifying relevant patient records, obtaining correct consent and interview forms, alerting providers if there has been a last minute change to schedule Test administration
- Learning and being able to administer a wide variety of neuropsychological assessments; (more than 70 tests encompassing cognitive, academic, behavioral, personality, and emotional testing); not uncommonly new tests are added to the testing battery and will require quick and efficient independently learning to ensure that providers have greatest flexibility in patient care
- Directly and independently interacting with patients several hours a day. Planning test schedules for necessary patient breaks, helping patients back to waiting room and/or their families as necessary, trouble shooting/assisting if patient has unexpected changes in schedule or has additional appointments on day of testing
- Establishing and maintaining rapport with many challenging patients who can suffer from a wide variety of neurologic and psychiatric concerns as well as a pain problems and fatigue struggles that make neuropsychological testing difficult.
- Adhering to proper administration standardization and protocol when possible and understanding when protocol deviations are necessary. Maintaining effective communication with provider throughout the day regarding patient needs and presentation during the day. Alerting provider if there is potential need to change administration plans due to the aforementioned patient characteristics.
- Proper planning of administration schedule.
- Observe and document patient’s behavior and condition throughout the testing process.Maintaining close communication with other neuropsychology program members to ensure consistent administration procedures across all personnel.
- Learning proper procedures to score wide variety of neuropsychological assessments, using both computer software and hand scoring materials.
- Scoring files in an efficient, timely manner, while maintaining the meticulousness and broad knowledge base required for accurate scoring.
- Provide relevant behavioral observations. This requires informed observation of neurologic, motor, and psychological functioning during the testing process.
- Working with faculty members to resolve difficult to score responses or special administration circumstances.Double checking of own file scoring and complete double checks of work from outside psychometrists/providers; this means ensuring accuracy of every file by confirming points awarded, ensuring accurate statistical calculations and recording, determining completeness of all forms and files.
- Making/returning telephone calls as needed to answer questions, facilitate communication with other team members, update schedules or patient releases. Alert faculty to patient requests or comments. Coordinating with outside facilities to obtain patient records.
FTE: 0.49Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $52,000-$85,000. The salary will be pro-rated to the 0.49 FTE. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
. University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities. Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/human-resources/employee-relations-performance/ada-compliance
Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Masters degree in Psychology or related field. Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Competencies:
Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action. Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.Job Category:
Jun 11, 2021Unposting Date: