University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Section of CHA/PA
Position #00784407– Requisition #21610
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Department of Pediatrics, Section of CHA/PA has an opening for two Part Time Core-Faculty member (.7-.8FTE) Assistant Professor positions. This posting is open to current University of Colorado Employees only.Nature of Work:
- Part Time Core-Faculty member (.7-.8FTE) to teach Physician Assistant courses and assist with administrative functions of the program. This position will communicate directly with the Program Director and CHA/PA faculty regarding curriculum objectives, collection of content information and evaluation.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Position Emphasis:
Serve as course director for courses within the Program. Role includes teaching and administrative responsibilities and developing syllabi, objectives, teaching strategies and assessments. Provide curricular logistical support throughout curriculum. Serve as small group facilitator in core courses.Serve as guest lecturer in Program and Institutional courses as invited.
- Assist with development and administration of assessment cases for 1st-3rd year students at the CAPE Center.
- Participate in collection of ongoing program self-evaluation and improvement data for grant writing, accreditation reports and other documents required of the program.
- Attend all faculty meetings and serve on CHA/PA program committees.
- Participate in admissions process (both file reviews and faculty interviews)
- Meet regularly with supervisor.Maintain professional skills and refine expertise through appropriate educational/development activities and professional affiliations staying current with national and international advances in medical education.Service to the department (e.g search committees), institution (e.g. SOM committees) and profession (e.g. PAEA committees).Serve as student advisor for a small cohort of students.Other duties as assigned.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at $65,000 to $75,000.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
.University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensationDiversity and Equity:
Please contact [email protected]
for information on disability accommodationsThe University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- Master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies or equivalent.
- Two years academic experience required, which may be fulfilled by precepting.
- Two years of teaching experience in a PA program.
- Evidence of development of curricular content.
- Three years clinical experience required.
- Graduate of an accredited PA program.
- Current NCCPA certification.
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal background check
- Primary care experience.
- Evidence of scholarly contributions to the profession.
This position must be a self-starter, reliable and have a strong work ethic. They must possess excellent written and oral communication skills. They must have excellent organization and analytical skills including attention to detail and strong problem-solving ability.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Job Category:
- Professional, academic, and administrative/management achievement.
- Knowledge of subject matter and curricular design.
- Knowledge of learning theory and experience applying the knowledge of instructional design.
- Ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple priorities, and work in a highly collaborative environment.
- High level critical/conceptual thinking to participate in design, development, review, and evaluation of course materials.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Jun 10, 2021Unposting Date:
Jun 15, 2021, 11:59:00 PM