UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. We are growing with the DFW region, enrolling a record 47,000+ students across our system and awarding nearly 12,000 degrees each year.Posting Title:
: The College of Merchandising, Hospitality and Tourism seeks to hire an Administrative Coordinator for the UNT CoLab, located in downtown Denton. The successful candidate will be passionate about people with agility to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment. This position is held within the College of Merchandising, Hospitality and Tourism (CMHT) and reports to the Director of the UNT CoLab. Position Overview:
The mission of the UNT CoLab is to raise local and state profile through development and implementation of external University and local events that connect the community with UNT and its students. The Administrative Coordinator will support the Director in all aspects of the daily operations and programing of the UNT CoLab including a diverse range of events, learning activities, lectures, retail, exhibitions and recitals of UNT and community excellences.
This position is responsible for providing executive, administrative, and analytical support to a department. Coordinates activities and acts as university-wide liaison. Identifies issues or problems and researches solutions within specific management areas.Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree and three years of highly responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Exceptional customer service skills.Preferred Qualifications:
• Advanced written communication skills.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
• Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
• Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
• Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
• Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
• Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
• Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
• Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Experience in event management.
- Experience in web content management.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred in Hospitality, Merchandising, Retail, Marketing, Events Management, Public Relations, Communications or closely related field.
- Strong communication skills and strong interpersonal/people skills with the ability to cultivate and maintain long-term relationships.
- Proficient in Desktop publishing software, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Strong organizational and time management skills with a proven track record of meeting deadlines and ability to prioritize.
Tues-Sat 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.Driving University Vehicle:
Event hours will require a flexible schedule to include some evenings and weekends.
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification Title:
Administrative CoordinatorPhysical Requirements:
Carrying, Cleaning, Lifting up to 25 pounds, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Walking, Writing, Talk or Hearo:
Assist with the execution and operation of events from start to finish.o:
Manage web content.o:
Help maintain facility.o:
Serve as ambassador for theo:
UNT CoLab ensuring it is always presented in a positive light.
Implement marketing activities when directed.o:
Communicate positively with guests providing excellent customer service.o:
Performs other duties as assigned to ensure the ongoing success of the UNT CoLab.o:
Manage scheduled calendar events.o:
Manage social media.o:
Event setup including moving tables, chairs, and AV equipment. This will require flexible schedule to accommodate evening and weekend events.Posting Number:
S2178PQuicklink for Posting: