Job no: 517025Classification Title:
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Human Resources, Information Systems/Technology
Department:62010700 - HR-TRAINING-DEVELOPMENT
HR Systems AdministratorJob Description:
Working in Training & Organizational Development (T&OD), UFHR, at the University of Florida (UF), the HR Systems Administrator oversees the daily operation of the SumTotal Systems learning management system (LMS) (branded as MyTraining). This includes overseeing the administration of instructor-led and online training. The position works with technical support to ensure smooth functioning of the LMS and liaises with partners and departments to add training into the LMS that best meets UF’s needs. This position also provides tier 2 customer support and proactively identifies ways to leverage LMS functionality to improve the system’s ability to meet customer needs.
- Oversee daily operation of the SumTotal Systems LMS (a.k.a. myTraining). Oversee administration of instructor-led and online training. Configure locations and facilities. Manage user accounts. Regularly interact with internal technical support to ensure automated processes are configured and working properly. Liaise with partners/departments to add training into the LMS and configure to meet their needs.
- Leverage existing LMS functionality to ensure it meets the organization’s training needs. Analyze and investigate ways to enhance LMS functionality. Build complex learning structures, build audiences, and assign training.
- Serve as the Direct Support Contact and liaise with LMS’s vendor. Submit and manage support cases. Troubleshoot and rectify LMS issues.
- Provide tier 2 support for complex customer support issues (issues that cannot be resolved by frontline customer support).
- Provide instructional design support for training partners. Provide guidance on best practices.
- Conduct regular LMS regression testing for all upgrades. Analyze LMS performance and conduct data validation after all scheduled outages. Communicate scheduled LMS outages to internal technical support staff members, help desk representatives, and campus training partners.
- Collaborate with HRS Communications and other relevant UF management to launch communication campaigns (as needed) to explain administration and training requirements, and expectations with targeted UF employees.
$60,000 to $65,000Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and one year of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
Individual must have strong technical skills and effective communication skills. Ability to think critically and problem solve. A strong commitment to customer service. Ability to communicate effectively with multiple persons during high volume periods. Must be able to work autonomously and effectively collaborate within a team. Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 10 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 24 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time