Facilities Maintenance Worker IUniversity Pay Plan Title:
Facilities Maintenance Worker ILocation:
Dept of Housing and Residential LifeRecruitment Type:
Open to AllJob Type:
$2,190 - $2,355Job Category :
Non-ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.:
• Basic facility maintenance skills or experience with carpentry, plumbing, or electrical.Preferred Qualifications:
• Ability to read and understand diagrams, simple blue prints and instructions
• Ability to write and complete work orders, request material/parts, make reports
• Basic computer skills
• Experience in apartment, residence hall or hotel maintenanceJob Description:
• Experience working in a higher education environment
• Experience with MS office
Perform skilled and semi-skilled (carpentry, electrical and plumbing) maintenance and repair work on university housing facilities. Perform daily inspections of assigned facilities. Drive to and from assigned facilities and/or warehouse to pick up parts for repair work. Be available for on-call duty after hours, weekends and holidays for four weeks each year. Be able to climb ladders and work at heights. Be able to push and lift up to 50 pounds without assistance; pull or drag equipment weighing up to 100 pounds with assistance and work in awkward positions. Utilize a computer to process assigned Work Order Tickets. Participate as a member of the Department of Housing and Residential Life Facilities Maintenance team in providing noteworthy customer service to students, staff and guests.Job Duties:
• Perform basic electrical, plumbing and carpentry repairs.Job Open Date:
• Repair, replace, and maintain existing fixtures, equipment and systems
• Coordinate workloads and projects with others
• Identify necessary parts and maintain building inventory
• Inspect building(s) and perform preventative maintenance
• Fabricate parts or components
• Install new appliances or equipment
• Prepare work reports
• Perform basic HVAC inspections and filter change
• Provide updates to residence hall directors and students regarding repairs and issues
• Perform other duties as assigned
06/10/2021Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight):
06/24/2021Open Until Filled:
NoNormal Work Days:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, FridayNormal Work Hours Start:
8:00AMNormal Work Hours End:
Applicant must have a valid Texas Driver's License and be a driver in good standing with less than ten (10) points deducted for driving infractions as determined by the employer driving standards system., Applicant must pass the physical skills assessment relevant to the job posting title requirements.Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.Why work @ Texas State? :
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents! Quick Link:
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.