The University of Evansville seeks to fill the Executive Director of Facilities Management to support the University's mission through strategic leadership of facility operations. The position oversees the management of physical facilities, including grounds, buildings, infrastructure, utility production and distribution systems in support of operational excellence in facilities. The position is responsible for maintaining and implementing the Campus Master Plan and works collaboratively with facilities personnel and broad constituencies across campus in support of multiple critical projects.
The Executive Director manages significant human, financial, and physical resources, and functions with a very high degree of autonomy.
- Manage maintenance of campus physical facilities and grounds through establishment of guidelines, budget allocations, and standards to keep buildings, classrooms, and grounds well-maintained, clean, and comfortable.
- Manage central utility plant operations and the associated utility distribution infrastructure. Establish operating criteria, priorities, and maintenance routines; coordinate purchased utility commodities.
- Manage facility renovation projects. Prepare or work with architects to prepare designs, coordinate finish selections, coordinate schedule, select and assign material and labor resources, and execute to completion.
- Manage facility construction process through coordination of planning and design activities with architects, bidding process, and contract review and award process. Establish and execute the associated quality assurance plan to ensure design intent is met, project meets all regulatory requirements, and full contract value is received. Monitor progress and review contractor pay applications.
- Provide mentoring and technical guidance for facilities managers and development of goals to achieve campus facility objectives.
- Manage overall facilities department budget.
- Manage facility operations in compliance with governing regulations for safety and environmental matters.
- Oversee and provide guidance on facilities personnel structure including hiring, compensation, and performance evaluation.
- Manage the provision of outsourced custodial services through collaboration with the site manager.
- Manage and coordinate the acquisition of property, including appraisal/evaluation and associated purchase logistics.
- Update and continue implementation of the Campus Master Plan.
- Oversee and facilitate space planning, office, and programmatic relocations.
Desired education requirements include a Bachelor of Science in Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, or Construction Management. Other desired qualifications include practical knowledge of construction management, facility maintenance and repair practices, central plant utility operations, electrical, mechanical, plumbing and structural design criteria for renovations, competence in AutoCad and excel software, and excellent communication skills with customer service orientation. Minimum experience includes eight to ten years of progressively responsible experience in a complex multi-program facilities environment. Professional engineering registration is also preferred.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please go to the online application located at http://www.evansville.edu/offices/hr/employmentApp.cfm. To express interest in the position, please submit an application, resume, and cover letter.
The University of Evansville operates under a nondiscriminatory policy with regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, creed or religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and all federally protected groups/classes. Minorities and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
The University of Evansville participates in the E-Verify program.