Office Manager Location:
Wheaton, ILJob Id:
655 # of Openings:
1 Marion E. Wade CenterOffice Manager Job Overview
This position is responsible for managing the Wade Center annual budget of $550,000 and its several endowments that provide programming and research grants; managing the donor relations program; and overseeing the front desk, bookshop, and other non-academic areas of the Wade Center. The Office Manager reports to the Director of the Wade Center and supervises the Office Assistant. Duties and Responsibilities
This job description is intended to represent key areas of responsibilities; specific assignments may vary from time to time, and other duties may be assigned. Qualifications
- Manages the Wade annual budget and endowment funds. This includes working with the Director to set the annual budget, processing and tracking financial transactions, monitoring budget status, and preparing reports.
- Oversees financial operations by preparing deposits and reconciling monthly credit card statements. Serves as liaison with Purchasing and Accounting, staying current on College policies and procedures for purchasing items and requesting payments.
- Manages the donor relations program, which includes maintaining donor records, facilitating donor thank you letters and the biannual Friends of the Wade newsletter and its fundraising insert, and planning/supporting donor-related events.
- Provides front desk support, which can include but is not limited to serving as receptionist, welcoming and assisting visitors, performing bookshop sales, answering the phone, correspondence and emails, facilitating annual and Wade board reports, and helping to maintain the shared calendar and written procedures for all front desk functions. Looks for opportunities to identify and improve inefficiencies.
- Manages the bookshop on a cost-recovery basis, looking for opportunities to increase sales and improve operation efficiency.
- Manages/oversees logistical support for Wade events. This includes designing and implementing publicity both on campus and externally, securing facilities and staffing, and when needed, planning refreshments and securing technological support.
- Manages the Wade Center e-mail list. Develops and implements an ongoing communications program to constituents via email, including the design of a quarterly electronic newsletter.
- Provides support for the Wade’s academic journal, VII, largely by managing and fulfilling subscriptions.
- Provides back-up support for the building and equipment.
- Works evenings and Saturdays as special groups or circumstances require.
- Supports the bi-annual Wade board meetings as needed and facilitates communication with the Board when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills, especially Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel).
- Ability to multi-task while giving high level of attention to detail that results in qualitative and accurate work.
The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear; frequently required to use repetitive hand motion, handle or feel, and to stand, walk, reach, bend or lift up to 10 pounds. FLSA Status –
Non-Exempt As a Christ-centered community, Wheaton College faculty and staff must affirm the College’s Statement of Faith as expressing their own theological convictions and agree to live by the moral standards in Wheaton’s Community Covenant, modeling these commitments for the Christian formation of our students. Wheaton College faculty and staff also support the Christ-Centered Diversity Commitment which highlights our desire to treat all individuals as equal image-bearers of Jesus Christ through diversity, inclusion, justice and unity. Updated