Job location: Boca Raton Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
REQ10441 Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The College of Nursing at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
The College of Nursing is seeking an IT Support Specialist.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Create, configure, maintain, and support the College of Nursing’s physical machines, as well as virtual machines that College of Nursing faculty have been assigned access to.
- Maintain Windows 2012 server and utilize administrative tools to complete requests that necessitate the use of Active Directory, Group Policy Management, SCCM, etc.
- Assist the IT Director with developing DMPs for College of Nursing faculty and researchers.
- Deploy MS Windows to new computers for use by department.
- Map network devices on new installations.
- Provide technical support to individuals requesting assistance with FAU College of Nursing computers/equipment and personal computing devices.
- Monitor internal help desk ticketing system.
- Maintain and update an inventory of the FAU College of Nursing computing devices and equipment.
- Assist with the maintenance and development of the FAU College of Nursing internal database and the FAU College of Nursing website (OU Campus).
- Drive and maintain University/departmental golf cart.
- Research products online.
- Troubleshoot/service/maintain laser printers and copiers (replacing toner, drums, etc.).
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in computer science and/or computer engineering and four years of appropriate experience required.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.Salary:
$40,000 - $50,000College or Department:
College of NursingLocation:
Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Some weekends required when events present.Application Deadline:
2021-06-16-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant:
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.